This version requires Nuke 9, 10.5 or 11.1 (incl NukeX and Nuke Studio) on Window Vista, 7 or 8, Linux or OSX - 64bit. OctaneRender for Nuke is NOT supported on Nuke Non-Commercial.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
For Network Rendering, you must use the Octane slave release from the Octane Standalone installer which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Nuke version and SR number
- OctaneRender for Nuke version (ie. 188.8.131.52)
- List what other plugins you have installed for Nuke
- The most important part of resolving a problem is me being able to re-produce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.
- The "Authenticating Octane" dialog is blank on the Linux version.
For more information...
- Read the on-line manual
- Watch the "Getting Started" video https://vimeo.com/124301518
- Read the FAQ
- Read the Troubleshooting guide
- Integration with HDR Light Studio https://youtu.be/KtawjXhsxy4
- Post your question on this forum thread
Refer to the on-line manual
Current STABLE build (Octane 4.02.1)
- For users with a Regular license
- - Nuke 11.3 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.1.37
- Nuke 10.5 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 10 4.02.1.37
- Nuke 9 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 9 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 11.3 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.1.37
- Nuke 10.5 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 10 4.02.1.37
- Nuke 9 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 9 4.02.1.37
- Nuke 11.3 (OSX) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.1.37
For users with a Studio subscription license
Previous STABLE build (Octane 4.02)
- For users with a Regular license
- - Nuke 11.3 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 10.5 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 10 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 9 (Windows) - OctaneRender for Nuke 9 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 11.3 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 10.5 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 10 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 9 (Linux) - OctaneRender for Nuke 9 4.02.0.37
- Nuke 11.3 (OSX) - OctaneRender for Nuke 11 4.02.0.37
For users with a Studio subscription license
- Compiled with Octane 4.02.1
- Compiled with Octane 4.02
- Compiled with Octane 4.01.1
- Added Denoiser options in the Imager settings. To enable the Denoiser pass, turn on "Enable Noising" in the Imager settings.
- Added additional Render Passes added in Octane 4.0
- Added Kernel AI Light options
- Moved CUDA options to the Open Device Settings button
- Added RenderPasses Denoiser passes
- Added Keep Instance Power to the Black Body and Texture Emission nodes
- Added Direct and Indirect render pass Lighting Passes
- Compiled with Octane 3.08
- The Nuke11 installer works for Nuke11.1v1 onwards (but not Nuke11.0)
- Compiled with Octane 3.07
- Compiled with Octane 3.06 TEST 4
*** NOTE: There is a known issue where the Nuke scanline node will crash when an OctaneMaterial is plugged into a Nuke Geo item connected to that scanline node. I am working with TheFoundry to resolve this issue.
- Compiled with Octane 3.05.3
- Fixed issue on OSX where the Write node was not including the OCS file type
- Compiled with Octane 3.05
- Changed the Shutter Speed label from seconds to milliseconds
- Compiled with Octane 3.04.4
- Compiled with Octane 3.03.4
- Compiled with Octane 3.03.3
- Compiled with Octane 3.03.2
- Compiled with Octane 3.02
- Added "Copy to Clipboard" and "Paste from Clipboard" to the OctaneMaterial node. You can use this to copy/paste Octane materials between the Nuke plugin and Octane Standalone (or any of the other Octane plugins which support copy/pasting materials)
- Adding a second OctaneRender node to a scene will now bring up an error message and the node will not be added
- If there is a "filename" User Knob called "OctaneObjFilename" attached to a Nuke 3d Geo item, the filename specified in that knob will be loaded into Octane instead of the Nuke 3d geometry (see https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/nuke/v3/octanematerial-node/ for details)
- In the above situation, if an OctaneMaterial is plugged into the ReadGeo, then the plugin will name match the Material Out nodes of the OctaneMaterial with the OctaneObjFilename material names (see https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/nuke/v3/octanematerial-node/ for details)
- Added python interface for the Windows version (see https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/nuke/v3/python-interface/ for details)
- Compiled with Octane 3.0 (3.0.20)
- If you have ticked "Use offline licensing on this computer" when authenticating the plugin, you can now click the Deactive button on the OctaneLive tab to de-activate the plugin license
- Added Environment Texture Power, Gamma and Rotation knobs
- Fixed issue where node names longer than 16 characters would crash Nuke
- Resolved issue where the samples per pixel was not being reported when Render Region was active
- Compiled with Octane 3 alpha 10 (3.0.10). This means that Render Region is working again. Authentication panel is also removed.
- Added Environment Type combobox. The plugin will also automatically add an RGB Image node if you specify a Texture in the Environment section of the OctaneRender node
- The Layer Id for an Object Layer can now be edited in the Render Layer panel
- The "You must be rendering in order to save this node graph." no longer pops when you click Save on a ReferenceGeometry3d prior to rendering.
- Added "Auto-save when the .nk file is saved" knob to the ReferenceGeoemtry3d node
- Added HDR Light Studio support to the OSX and Linux versions of the plugin
- Added support for HDR Light Studo 5.3 Area Lights.
- OSX build is included
- Added an Environment Type combo box to the OctaneRender node knobs to allow changing between Daylight and Texture Environments
- Compiled with Octane 3.0 alpha 4
- Compiled with Octane 3.0 alpha 2
- Added many new Render Passes
- Added Deep Image settings to the kernel settings (via the node graph). Direct passing of Deep Image pixels into the Nuke node system is not supported.
* KNOWN ISSUE : Plugging an Octane Material node into a Cube will crash Nuke if the Cube is an input to the Scanline Renderer. This probably occurred in the 2.24.2 version of the plugin too.
- Compiled with Octane 2.24.2
- Compiled with Octane 2.24.1
- Added hidden function to return the render layers in use by the scene. Useful for python scripts.
- The OctaneReferenceGeometry node has been replaced with the OctaneRenderGeometry3d node - which can be plugged into a TransformGeo node and then into the OctaneRender node, and the TransformGeo transform will be applied to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d file
- Added check when saving a OctaneReferenceGeometry3d node that the Graph node has not been deleted by the user in the Octane NodeGraph window
- Added check for when a Nuke 3d Geo node plugged into an OctaneRender node has it's name changed. The plugin will now rename the Octane Transform, Mesh and Material to match the new name. This only happens for Nuke 3d Geo nodes which are plugged into the OctaneRender node. This required a change to the Octane mesh, transform and material naming conversion for Nuke 3d geo nodes, which may break some old scenes.
- Added OctaneMaterial - which can be plugged into Nuke 3d Geo nodes and will contain a separate Octane graph containing the material for that geo item
- The ocs Writer function now writes a separate ABC file for each mesh
- The Import Octane Scene now allows importing ORBX files
- The OctaneRenderGeometry3d Save button is now only available for OCS file - since saving to an ORBX whilst it is rendering may result in lost assets.
- Added Imager checkbox Pre-Multiplied Alpha in the OctaneRender knobs panel (should be enabled for Nuke), and fixed an issue when Keep Environment was enabled clearing the alpha channel
- The render does not now automatically start when you load a scene with an OctaneRender node. To start rendering, select the OctaneRender node and click the "Start" button on the Viewer
- Added field to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d node to specify an Octane Scatter CSV file
- Added Refresh button to the OctaneReferenceGeometry3d to reload scatter CSV
- Focus Picking when there is a Nuke camera plugged into the OctaneRender node now results in the Nuke Camera "focus distance" being set to the clicked focus distance
- Fixed minor issue when using the Export Scene option
- Fixed issue where Card UV's were incorrect
- If a Nuke Camera is plugged into the OctaneRender node, the Nuke Camera Focal Length, Horiz Aperture, Focal Distance a FStop will be used by the Octane camera. This assume the scene units are in meters. Turn OFF Octane AutoFocus in order to use the Nuke Focal Distance
- Changed name of OctaneReferenceGeometry node to OctaneReferenceGeometry to indicate that it is a reference to an existing OCS/ORBX file
- Added "Save" button the OctaneReferenceGeoemtry knobs to save the Graph back to the source ORBX/OCS file
- Added help text to the OctaneReferenceGeometry node
- The Graph node created by an OctaneReferenceGeometry node is now named according to the OCS/ORBX filename
- Added Start and Stop render buttons on the Viewer toolbar (available when the OctaneRender node has been selected)
* Pls delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\NUKE\?.0\plugins\OctaneRender.bundle\OctaneRenderGeometry.dll file from your system
- Fixed error related to the use of the new OctaneRenderGeometry node causing the render to either ignore the addition geometry, or restart the render continuously
- Added support for HDR Light Studio V5
- Added "Keep Environment" to the Kernel knobs
* Known Issue: Using Import Octane Scene will import the entire scene into the current Nuke scene, and therefore wipe any materials you have setup for Nuke 3d Geo. I will address this issue in a future release
- Added OctaneRenderGeometry node, where you can specify an ORBX or OCS scene and plug into the OctaneRender node, and the OCS/ORBX scene will be added to Octane scene. Click Restart Render to reload any scene specified in the OctaneRenderGeoemtry node. OctaneRenderGeometry nodes are placed in the Octane scene as a separate graph, and edits to those graphs are NOT saved in the .nk file (ie. the OCS/ORBX scene contents will always replace any edits made in the plugin). See http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Nuke/?page_id=1261 for details.
- Octane log pops now only popup once until you open the Octane Log (ie. multiple Octane Log msgs will not result in multiple popups).
- Exporting a Nuke timeline to ocs is now done via a Write node (rather than WriteGeo). Plugin the OctaneRender node into the Write node and select "ocs" as the output format (select a save filename of either .ocs or .orbx). This means that animated camera setting (such as Focal Depth) get saved to the ocs file. See http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Nuke/?page_id=1195 for details.
- Fixed problem with the installer of the Nuke8 version of the plugin
- Compiled with Octane 2.23.2
- Internal plugin changes to allow for a Linux version. NOTE: This mean you will need to re-authenticate the plugin
- Fixed crash when accessing Render Layers panel prior to the Octane scene being loaded
- Compiled with Octane 2.23.1
- Added new checkbox knob on the OctaneRender node "Nuke Sets Octane Render Passes", which when enabled means ALL Octane render passes are available to Nuke, and as you use these passes in Nuke, they are automatically enabled in Octane. This mode will be disabled when you enable Cache Renders. Selecting a render pass from the Nuke channels list will restart the Octane render if it has been stopped
- Increased robustness when Cache Renders is enabled. You can also change the Octane scene in the node graph and changes get propagated correctly.
- Reduced the default Refresh time from 1 sec to 0.5 sec
- Fixed crash when rendering a ReadGeo with no UV's
- Added Render Layers button in the Scene Edit section. This lists all separate Object Layer nodes (ie. Object Layer nodes that or plugged into a Mesh node - but not internal to the Mesh node) and allows you to turn layers on/off. This is just a proof of concept of the functionality and very basic - looking for comments to improve it.
- Added "Auto-Convert to Texture Environment" to the HDR Light Studio settings. When enabled, the plugin will change the Daylight Environment to Texture Environment when using HDR Light Studio.
*** NOTE: Scenes previously saved with version 2.22.2 of the plugin will pop an Octane Log msg the first time they are loaded into this version. I will try to resolve this in the next release.
- Added check to ensure the Nuke 3d Geo material name is aligned to the Geo name. If you rename the material in the NodeGraph, the plugin will rename it back to the correct name so that it matches the Geo name
- Fixed issue where OctaneRender knob changes where not applying when the render was not running
- Moved Refresh Rate and Copy to Nuke Camera into the Camera section
- Added "Scene Edit" section for Import, Export, etc buttons
- Moved the "Restart Render" button into the Render Controls section
- The Render Status window is now NOT "on top" of all other windows if you task swap out of Nuke
- Initial release