Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Forums: Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Postby sbstnc » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm

sbstnc Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm
God damn it
I've complained about this before, you're punishing paying customers with this online authentication every session garbage
I can't use a dongle because you won't code the thing to accept a combination C4D floating license and a dongle standalone for slave and it causes more license headaches than it solves. And I can't use online license because the network is patchy.
Internet has network outage and I have hours and hours of rendering to do to meet a deadline. Guess what, the stupid authentication requirements mean I can't render. I have had it with this. Other apps allow you to sign in once every 3 months, or week, or even once per 24hrs would help here. But as soon as I quit C4D or it crashes, authentication is gone, too bad, deadline won't be met. You could fix this so easily and you won't do it. Why? To prevent a couple of farms from cheating licenses you're going to cancel my ability to render? I paid for this, I want to use it. Figure something out, code the damn thing to take authentication once a week, just solve this please. I have completely had it with ongoing Octane license issues.
sbstnc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Postby sbstnc » Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 am

sbstnc Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 am
Come on guys can we sort something out please?

For the next version can we at AT MINIMUM one authentication every 24hrs or better 72 or a week. While my government may have invested in shitty internet, I shouldn't be locked out of software because of this, internet connectivity for a renderer I paid for (and have to pay for again if I want to keep using it past 4) is outside my control.

What is within control is the ability to code into the next releases a different authentication requirement. I can use Adobe with a login once every 2-3 months. They are a horrible company but at least I'm not locked out of any of that software when a connection drops.

So you want to prevent anyone from farming Octane so that you can try to force a monopoly with ORC, cool cool cool, but where is that getting you honestly? Just help out us end users a little. A 24hour authentication requirement will still let you prevent anyone farming it (that's another topic, people are leaving OTOY in droves because we can't scale quickly when in production) and it would solve a lot of issues for users in countries where internet is only semi reliable.

I'll state the obvious - I don't need authentication EVERY TIME I restart C4D when using Redshift.
sbstnc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Authentication for EVERY god damn session, internet is down

Postby PolderAnimation » Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am

PolderAnimation Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am
you can buy a OctaneRender® Offline USB Dongle for 49 dollar.
Win 10 64bit | 5 x 1080ti | i7 4770 | 32GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion