This is the latest stable release of the plugin which is based on V4.02.1 SDK and matches OctaneRender Standalone 4.02.1. To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 4, please check out our blog post.License upgrade
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.IN ANY CRASH CASE PLEASE DO THESE!!!
If you see CUDA errors follow 1,2,3,4.
1- Try different drivers, some of them could cause instability issues. Do a clean install while doing this to be sure previous files completely removed.
2- Check gpu frequency. Overclocking would cause instability issues
3- Check PSU. Insufficient power output would cause instability issues
4- Check the free amount of GPU's VRAM and system's RAM while working. Low VRAM will/may cause CUDA errors. Be aware of some generator objects will have different triangle count in Picture Viewer than Live Viewer. It’s like “editor/render” parameter. Just try to use same value. Also try to optimise your scene for polygon count, even use smaller images. Try to use Octane texture nodes rather than using C4D texture/shaders.
Alternatively, use V4 and Out-of-core(OOC) function. Increase RAM for OOC and It should not exceed physical RAM amount. Check TDR value and increase if it's necessary.
5- If you see C4D crashes without CUDA errors, then send us bugreport.zip, screen-shots and video capture to show process and crash moment. Also please send us a sample scene in a format of C4D or ORBX to let us investigate and test it. Alternatively, try to delete/hide some objects/materials until crash gone away. If you find what's causing crashes, send us a sample scene to let us for
investigating and bring a fix or solution.
Thanks for helping the development by your feedbackst! It’s impossible to quickly catch every case without user feedbacks! It’s the same procedure as other companies do like Maxon/etc...Changes of V4.02.1-R3
- Fix: brdf type in octane materials come from old scenes.
- Fix: Missing parts for saved blend material in livedb.
- Fix: Render pause with denoising passes if you don't select denoiser in active camera which have enabled Imager.Changes of V4.02.1-R2
- Single file saving for render layers with Octane-EXR file type by using exr compressions. Added half-float support
- Added full support for relative path names in renderpasses
- Fix: search function of livedb manager
- Fix: Brdf change issue with V1/V2 materials on V4. viewtopic.php?f=85&t=70622#p356762Changes of V4.02.1
- Better log outputs
- Missing light render passes(directs/indirects)
- Bugfix: crash on exportORBX command if you don't have LiveViewer on startup layout
- commandline/nogui support on -exportORBX commandline parameter
- UDIM(Image Tiles texture) support
- Missing DeMain pass in Octane-EXR option
- Extended connection api for 3rd parties
- Fix: Wrong parameter list in Imagetexture -> "texture import type". It's fixed for some cases.
- Several minor fixes in plugin and core side(See standalone topic)Changes of V4.01.1-R1
- Better display performance in LiveViewer
- Fix: Only displaying the vram stats for gpu0
- Minor speed improvement on scene preparation in animation rendering
- Fix: Show in Picture Viewer command
- Fix: Missing clones order in Scatter object with CSV mode
- Fix: Missing default value in Triplanar's coordinate space
Changes of V4.01.1
Fix: Texture tangent and some info passes in render settings
- Planetary environment.
- Orbx proxy object. Video: https://vimeo.com/302046063
- Fix: Unrecognized channel names in vdb file. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=69481#p350342
- No need to activate denoiser from SettingsWindow or cameraImager for getting denoising passes working in Picture Viewer
- Fix: Missing network render option for Studio builds.
- Fix: Wrong swap for objects/lights in Picture Viewer rendering when you have visibility animations.
- Fix: Extra beauty/denoising passes with RenderLayerMasks. viewtopic.php?f=86&t=68995
- Minor fixes over 4.00Standaloneviewtopic.php?f=24&t=70612WINDOWS REGULAR BUILD (R16-R20)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... R3-win.rarWINDOWS SUBSCRIPTION(Studio) BUILD (R16-R20)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... R3-win.rarOSX REGULAR BUILD (R15-R20)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zipOSX SUBSCRIPTION(Studio) BUILD (R15-R20)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zipRequirements:
-You'll need to update your Cinema 4D to latest versions(min. R16.050, R17.053, R18.057, R19.053, R20.028)
-Internet connection for activation, be sure that C4D and Octane will not be blocked by firewall and any antivirus software.
-Updated Nvidia drivers at least 388.xx, recommended 417.22 or 419.17 (one of most recent with Cuda 9.1) and be carreful with latest drivers which can cause cuda errors. Avoids to use 418.81.
-Cuda 9.1 driver for OSX.
ONLINE HELP MANUAL
Use embedded help buttons from Octane nodes and windows
To use OFFLINE version of manual from plugin
Download following package and extract to Cinema4D/plugins/c4doctane/manualhttps://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads
... p-html.zipV3 SAMPLE SCENES SET(make a request if you need any spesific sample)https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... scenes.rar
resource file for R15. Extract and replace old "c4doctane/res" directory with this.
See this topic for some partial samples: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=53989
CINEMA 4D TUTORIALS SECTION: viewforum.php?f=87
CHANGE LOG: https://docs.otoy.com/#60Change%20logInstallation
First remove all octane related stuff from plugins and main folder of Cinema4D.
Extract all files to Cinema4D\plugins\c4dOctane directory.
Also download manual.zip and extract to c4dOctane directory if it's not available in place.
There are a few files for each one is for different Cinema4D version. Remove all except the file is for your version.
Ex. if you have Cinema4D R18.0, keep only "c4dOctane-r18.cdl64" and delete c4dOctane-r17.cdl64, c4dOctane-r16.cdl64, c4dOctane-r15.cdl64, etc..
Cinema 4D Release 15: c4dOctane-r15.cdl64 or c4doctane_R15_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 16: c4dOctane-r16.cdl64 or c4doctane_R16_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 17: c4dOctane-r17.cdl64 or c4doctane_R17_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 18: c4dOctane-r18.cdl64 or c4doctane_R18_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 19: c4dOctane-r19.cdl64 or c4doctane_R19_demo.dylib
Cinema 4D Release 20: c4dOctane-r20.xdl64 or c4doctane_R20_demo.xlib
ORBX EXAMPLE VIDEOhttps://vimeo.com/302046063
Viewport rendering modehttps://vimeo.com/265747658https://vimeo.com/265294205