Cinema 4D version 4.00 (obselete stable)

Forums: Cinema 4D version 4.00 (obselete stable)
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Cinema 4D version 4.00 (stable)

Postby Cheiser » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Cheiser Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm
[quote="aoktar"]
Cinema 4d R20.026
Windows 8.1
Cheiser
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby docphibs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

docphibs Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm
I'm having issues with motion blur on clones with 4.00 stable build in r19 and r20.

To illustrate the issue, I made a simple grid cloner (3x3x3) and rotated it on one axis to make it spin from the center. I created an octane camera with motion blur turned on. The following images are the results of this:

This is the result after setting the scene up as i said before - just simply turning on octane. No motion blur at all.
NO OCTANE OBJECT TAG.jpg

This is the result when I simply apply an octane object tag to the cloner - motion blur looks correct all working fine here.
render instances OFF.jpg

This is the result when I turn on render instances (octane object tag still applied) - the motion blur looks incorrect - almost as if the rotation pivot was offset somewhere else. Very strange.
render instances ON.jpg

In r20, when you use multi instances there's again a result of no motion blur whatsoever.

I should also say - that after each test - I was reloading the whole scene into octane again. Not just letting the live viewer update on its own without a full refresh / re-upload to the viewer.

There something Im missing here? Pretty big issue to not be able to check on render instances and motion blur not work. Keeps our scenes nice and light. Hopefully it's something simple I'm unaware of. From what I can tell everything has been installed correctly according to the forum posts. I should also say this definitely works in 3.08.

Thanks in advance for any help!
docphibs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm

aoktar Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm
docphibs wrote:I'm having issues with motion blur on clones with 4.00 stable build in r19 and r20.

To illustrate the issue, I made a simple grid cloner (3x3x3) and rotated it on one axis to make it spin from the center. I created an octane camera with motion blur turned on. The following images are the results of this:

This is the result after setting the scene up as i said before - just simply turning on octane. No motion blur at all.
The attachment NO OCTANE OBJECT TAG.jpg is no longer available

This is the result when I simply apply an octane object tag to the cloner - motion blur looks correct all working fine here.
The attachment render instances OFF.jpg is no longer available

This is the result when I turn on render instances (octane object tag still applied) - the motion blur looks incorrect - almost as if the rotation pivot was offset somewhere else. Very strange.
The attachment render instances ON.jpg is no longer available

In r20, when you use multi instances there's again a result of no motion blur whatsoever.

I should also say - that after each test - I was reloading the whole scene into octane again. Not just letting the live viewer update on its own without a full refresh / re-upload to the viewer.

There something Im missing here? Pretty big issue to not be able to check on render instances and motion blur not work. Keeps our scenes nice and light. Hopefully it's something simple I'm unaware of. From what I can tell everything has been installed correctly according to the forum posts. I should also say this definitely works in 3.08.

Thanks in advance for any help!

It's same on non-stable. It's a very complicated problem to solve with renderinstances.
Let me offer you a trick for these cases:
Do a copy of object with renderinstance and put under cloner. See image for better illustration.
Attachments
a1.jpg
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby docphibs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 pm

docphibs Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 pm
AH - this is a good solution for now. Thanks so much Ahmet for getting back to me so quickly. Best of luck on solving this one!
docphibs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm

aoktar Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm
docphibs wrote:AH - this is a good solution for now. Thanks so much Ahmet for getting back to me so quickly. Best of luck on solving this one!

I'll address this in future but very hard and tricky to solve. We need more stabil and improved version right now before those

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby docphibs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 pm

docphibs Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Ahmet, I'm finding that this works just fine but there is another issue.

The object that's being instanced, lets say it's a sphere... I would like to be able to put that sphere and then hide the null because I don't want to render the sphere. I only want to render the instance of the sphere under the cloner. But the moment I place the sphere under a null, the whole cloner shifts in the live viewer. Like it's moving the translation of the cloner elsewhere for... some reason I'm not quite sure why this is... It's pretty odd. So the only solution I can find now is to shift my sphere somewhere in no man's land far out of frame - not entirely ideal.

Is there something else around this issue?

Thanks again!
docphibs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm

aoktar Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm
docphibs wrote:Ahmet, I'm finding that this works just fine but there is another issue.

The object that's being instanced, lets say it's a sphere... I would like to be able to put that sphere and then hide the null because I don't want to render the sphere. I only want to render the instance of the sphere under the cloner. But the moment I place the sphere under a null, the whole cloner shifts in the live viewer. Like it's moving the translation of the cloner elsewhere for... some reason I'm not quite sure why this is... It's pretty odd. So the only solution I can find now is to shift my sphere somewhere in no man's land far out of frame - not entirely ideal.

Is there something else around this issue?

Thanks again!

Yes not ideal I know! You can scale to zero your object's top null, so it will be ignored but instances will work.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby docphibs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm

docphibs Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm
aaah yea that does work too. little wonky but - it'll do for now!

thanks again
docphibs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Cheiser » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:33 am

Cheiser Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:33 am
Cinema 4d R20 still problem with Octane object tag on spline. Aoktar, could you check it on R20? We tested it on R19 - works ok, but not R20.
Cheiser
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zoppo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am

zoppo Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am
Cheiser wrote:Cinema 4d R20 still problem with Octane object tag on spline. Aoktar, could you check it on R20? We tested it on R19 - works ok, but not R20.

R20 / Windows 10

It's not working here either, no refresh after moving or rotating the spline.
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases