Version 3.08.3 (obsolete stable)

Forums: Version 3.08.3 (obsolete stable)
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby aoktar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 am

aoktar Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 am
johnwilhelm wrote:
aoktar wrote:
johnwilhelm wrote:And that's the latest V4 RC right?

this one
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=68833


Great thanks a lot! I guess the installation will be the same as usual or did something change with R20? Just asking because R20 is not separately mentioned in your post...

Thank you very very much!

Same! C4D/plugins/c4doctane

Thanks!
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby stefano-dear » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am

stefano-dear Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am
Hi Aoktar,

I have installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my iMac + eGPU but the viewport movement are very slow on cinema 4D R19.068.

CUDA Driver Version: 410.130
NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.105

To activate the eGPU I have used this script:
https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script ... s-10-13-4/


Any ideas?

Best Regards
Stefano
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 24 GB RAM | MAC 10.13.6 + GTX 1080Ti - Driver NVIDIA 387.10.10.10.40.128 | + | SLAVE Win 10 + 3x GTX 1080Ti + 2x GTX 980Ti - Driver NVIDIA 419.17 | C4D R20.059 + Octane render 4.03
stefano-dear
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby aoktar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:26 am

aoktar Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:26 am
stefano-dear wrote:Hi Aoktar,

I have installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my iMac + eGPU but the viewport movement are very slow on cinema 4D R19.068.

CUDA Driver Version: 410.130
NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.105

To activate the eGPU I have used this script:
https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script ... s-10-13-4/


Any ideas?

Best Regards
Stefano


You may try different versions of OS and C4D. Also try without eGPU. I don't have much ideas.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby tomsvfx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03 pm

tomsvfx Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03 pm
Hi Aoktar, when there is plan to release update for 3.08.4 core update?
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68902

I understand that there is some hassles with R20 release, but is it possible to release 3.08.4 update for customers who use R15-R19 in production?
As I know, you have fixed couple C4D plugin bugs that I and other users had reported for this release, for whom have postponed release for some time already due to R20 plugin updates.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
User avatar
tomsvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Riga

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby aoktar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm

aoktar Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm
tomsvfx wrote:Hi Aoktar, when there is plan to release update for 3.08.4 core update?
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68902

I understand that there is some hassles with R20 release, but is it possible to release 3.08.4 update for customers who use R15-R19 in production?
As I know, you have fixed couple C4D plugin bugs that I and other users had reported for this release, for whom have postponed release for some time already due to R20 plugin updates.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

When I finished the current revisions It will be possible. I hope soon!
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby tomsvfx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:26 pm

tomsvfx Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:26 pm
Thanks for the answer.

Soon - might be next week or a bit later?
User avatar
tomsvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Riga

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby stefano-dear » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:28 pm

stefano-dear Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:28 pm
aoktar wrote:
stefano-dear wrote:Hi Aoktar,

I have installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my iMac + eGPU but the viewport movement are very slow on cinema 4D R19.068.

CUDA Driver Version: 410.130
NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.105

To activate the eGPU I have used this script:
https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script ... s-10-13-4/


Any ideas?

Best Regards
Stefano


You may try different versions of OS and C4D. Also try without eGPU. I don't have much ideas.


Try different OS and C4D?!? I have to reinstall all the software all day? Sorry but it's unacceptable.... if it's a stable release it has to work, I'm not a beta tester!
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 GHz Intel Core i7 | 24 GB RAM | MAC 10.13.6 + GTX 1080Ti - Driver NVIDIA 387.10.10.10.40.128 | + | SLAVE Win 10 + 3x GTX 1080Ti + 2x GTX 980Ti - Driver NVIDIA 419.17 | C4D R20.059 + Octane render 4.03
stefano-dear
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby tomsvfx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 pm

tomsvfx Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 pm
You are working on a system that does not directly support CUDA rendering, so its anyway like beeing a beta tester.
eGPU for macOS has te be setup in a very specific way to work good and its not possible with all of the Appple computers because of the port speed. Couple of my colleagues had tried this and it was not possible because of Apple hardware to get smooth results.
eGPU is good when you are just doing pure rendering, but it gets slow for interactive things.
User avatar
tomsvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Riga

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby thanulee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:46 am

thanulee Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:46 am
Hi, i have an issue with motion blur. When i activate it from camera tag, c4d freezes. I can send specific scene but since its ongoing project i can only pm it. Is there a way to do this? thanks
i7 3930K | 2 x GTX 980 ti 6gb | 32GB RAM | Corsair Carbide 540
R18 | win 10 home
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: Version 3.08.3 (latest stable)

Postby aoktar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm

aoktar Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm
thanulee wrote:Hi, i have an issue with motion blur. When i activate it from camera tag, c4d freezes. I can send specific scene but since its ongoing project i can only pm it. Is there a way to do this? thanks

try to find what's causing that in your scene
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye
PreviousNext

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tomsvfx and 3 guests

Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:48 pm [ UTC ]