I have decided to bring to light the a test version. It's a test version because there is lot of changes to provide a new system to incoming 3.0 and support for R17. It's or may UNSAFE for commercial works. It's on your RISK to USE it for your JOBS. It works a bit different against to previous Stable versions. There is new version which works Asynchronously while transfering the geometry. So it will give a great feeling while workin on scenes. Less lags, faster responses. At least i hope so.
I advice to disable monitoring gpu on complex scenes. Of course if you have multi gpus. This will give very smooth workflow to you.
About R17 version, it's not highly tested about their stability. If you have strange behaviours, memory leaks, crashes please try R16 version of plugin.
Last, i'll be happy to hear some feedbacks about your experiences on this version. So i can improve it. Thanks.
Ahmet Oktar Changes for test6
- Render settings: Get render region button added
- Floatbuffer is default on render setings.
- Some fixes on Nodeeditor.Changes for TEST5.2
- Fix: missing transform control in XYZ to UVW projection.
- Fix for copy/paste issue for mixmaterials to another scene
- Fix for uv shift on hair/density combinations.
- Object tag changes
- Fix scatter bugs, reverse z-direction on clone's childs, uv tiling fix, rotate by texture, etc..
- Solo mode enable/disable option
- Settings bug on commandline, external render managers
- Tag gui revisions
- Several minor bug fixes on plugin engineSome of changes of TEST4
- Fix: Inversed z-axis problem on scatter object and xparticles.
- Fix: Wrong object detections when used the Auto mode from render settings.
- Scatter object: Improvements for vertex mode, gui, etc... Initial support for Mograph effectors. Workflow is same as cloner anymore. Put your objects under scatter to distribute.
- Particle engine revisions. Activating of particles is done with Octane Object tag.
- Several minor fixes and gui revisionsSome of changes of TEST3
- Live Viewer Settings: Passes section removed and replaced by Passes section of Render Settings. LV settings will copied as render preset for old scenes.
- Fix: EXR compression parameters in passes section.
- Unticked diffuse color is black
- Scatter object improvements.
- Material optimisations for unused/unvisible materials on Animation Renderings
- Solo mode support.
- Fix: Crash on float-point overflows on mesh vertices
- Fix: Crash on vertex motionblur and unconstant vertex counts
- New parameter on Object tag. To quarantee the detection of geometry updates with complex setups.Some of changes of TEST2
- Scatter object: Improvements on capability, parameters and gui. Import feature for Phantom Scatter's CSV files.
- Hair engine: It's revised. Now same output on LV and PV. Also no need to add Hair VPost effect in Picture viewer. Also added an "Hair" section to Octane Object Tag. It will allow to render splines and XP Trail objects as hairs. Even with UV assignment. So you can give some gradient to produce random colors every lines.
- Several fixes on bugs.
- Revised the mix material copy/paste operations.
- Fix: Octane dialog crash issue when it's saved to layout.
.....Some of changes of TEST1
- New: Asynchronous update system. Completely revised update engine. Faster response on viewport, material editings, less delay on geometry changes.
- New: Scatter object type. Test version. It's still wip version.
- Imp: Particle engine. Works with Object tag. Support for custom objects. It's still wip version.
- Fix: Lot of small improvements on GUI.
- Fix: Restart in LV after playing with gui of materials.
- Fix: Focus Object refresh problem for single viewports
- Fix: Wrong handling mixed material system
- Fix: Support for native "Remove unused materials" command.
- Imp: Transform/projection textures. Uniform scaling.
- Fix: Hairs are same in LV as render output.
- Direct support for C4D color gui.
- Contains all fixes until 2.24.1.
- Lot of small fixes.IMPORTANT INSTALL NOTES:
Due to the switch to CUDA 6.5 you will need a current graphics driver of version 344.x or higher. On Mac OSX you will need a CUDA driver of version 6.5 or higher (see http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
). The minimum supported version of Mac OS is 10.7.
Also matching version of Standalone 2.24.2 is highly recommended.
And remove all old plugin files before installing. Any version conflict or old drivers can cause crashes
Cuda driver for Macos: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud
... river.html BUG REPORTS
I'll be happy, if anyone can be specific with bug reports.
I need to know that plugin version/Os/HW. Last operations before crashes.
And please attach a SCENE and BUGREPORT.ZIP to reproduce and investigate your problem.
Please post your reports in topic of version which is related or use bugreports section of this forum
Thanks for contributionsImportant: You'll need to update your R16.xx to version 16.050.Download the 2.24.2 (TEST6) Windows version (R13-R17) https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... T6-win.zipDownload the 2.24.2 (TEST5.2) Windows version (R13-R17) https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... .2-win.zipDownload the 2.24.2 (TEST5.2) MacOsX version (R15-R17)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zipDownload the 2.24.2 (TEST6) MacOsX version (R15-R17)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zip