Carrara 8.1 Pro (64bit) or later on Windows 7, 8 or 10 64bit
Nvidia Driver Version
Nvidia drivers 387.x or later
For Network Rendering, you must use the Octane slave release 3.08 available here.
If you have a support issue, please provide the following information:
- Operating System (ex. Win 7, 8, 10)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ex. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Carrara version
- OctaneRender for Carrara version (ex. 3.08.03.42)
- The most important part of resolving a problem is me being able to re-produce that problem. So please provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.
Download the current stable version of the plugin from the following link:
- OctaneRender for Carrara 3.08.03.42 (64 bit)
Download the previous stable version of the plugin from the following link:
- OctaneRender for Carrara 3.08.00.41 (64 bit)
Download the current test version of the plugin from the following link:
- OctaneRender for Carrara 3.08.00.40 (64 bit)
Download the previous test version of the plugin from the following link:
- OctaneRender for Carrara 3.08.00.39 (64 bit)
- V3 Docs
- V2 Docs (PDF)
Changed in 3.08.03.42
- Compiled with Octane SDK 3.08.03 (Stable). See here for more details.
- Camera FOV, Aperture, Focal Depth, and Auto Focus settings are now recorded with the camera position when 'Camera Motion Blur' is selected in the Animation tab.
- Compiled with Octane SDK 3.08 (Stable). See here for more details.
- Added OSL Camera and OSL Baking Camera support.
- Added a separate roughness channel for sheen.
- Fixed interactive nature of the Octane Node Editor. (For a while now the changes made when using the Node Editor where not being applied until you closed the window. Changes in the node editor are now applied right away.)
- Compiled with Octane SDK 3.08 RC 2. See here for more details.
- Added Edit button to OSL script nodes to open the Octane OSL script editor.
- Support new volume render passes.
- Added new pins to Metal, Displacement, and Kernel nodes.
- Added LUT support in Imager Camera properties.
- Added support for new Camera response curves.
- Added OSL Texture and OSL Projection script support.
1) Create an OSL Texture or OSL Projection shader.
2) Click the Load button and select the OSL file you want to load.
3) Click 'Compile' to validate the script and get a list of inputs that you need to add to the shader.
4) Click 'Generate Inputs' to generate the needed inputs.
!!! WARNING !!!
After generating inputs you MUST close (and then reopen) the shader editor window. If you do not then Carrara will likely crash.
Changed in 3.08.00.38
Please note the OSL textures are NOT supported in this release. I'm working on it and should be available in the next release.
I just thought you might like to play with the metal and toon materials until then.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.08 test 4. See here for more details.
- Toon Shading (Toon Materials and Toon Lights) see the Effects tab for Bulb (emitter type = Toon) and Distant lights in Carrara.
- Specular reflection and refraction models (GGX and Beckman microfacet models, and the Ward BRDF)
- Anisotropic reflections
- Metal material node (Complex IOR, Specular maps)
Changed in 3.07.00.37
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.07 (Stable). See here for more details.
Changed in 3.07.00.36
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.07 test 6. See here for more details.
- New emitter options: "Visible on diffuse", "Visible on specular", "Cast shadows"
- Double-sided emitters, Transparent emission, Improved rendering of non-uniformly scaled emitters, Importance sampled texture environment for all textures
- User defined instance IDs, (Supported on replication objects, object emitters, Ctrl-D instances, and user defined scatter lists).
- New textures: Baking texture, UVW transform texture, instance color, and Instance range.
- Baking UV transform on object layer for use with the baking camera.
- Fixed additional problems with LiveDB.
Changed in 3.06.04.35
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.06.4. See here for more details.
- Fixed a performance problem with LiveDB.
Changed in 3.06.00.33
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.06. See here for more details.
- Supported Octane 3.06 Features. See here for more details.
- New DOF options and DOF support for the panoramic camera
- New texture nodes (triplanar, add, subtract, compare)
- Full texture evaluation of normal maps
- Displacement map filters
- Support for infinite planes
- Shadow pass
- New net render options
- Complete switch to CUDA 8 and added support for GP100
- Added support for importing materials from the Octane Local DB.
- Fixed using object layer with scatter lists.
- Fixed reloading of VDB after import settings have changed.
Changed in 3.05.03.32
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.05.03. See here for more details.
- Moved Octane Render Target so that it appears above Octane Environment (in Scene Effects).
- Added new Emitter Scales to Octane Environment. Global Emitter Scale affects all mesh emitters in the scene. Carrara Emitter Scale affects only mesh emitters that are created from a Carrara Shader's Glow channel. (A Carrara shader that has not been converted to an Octane shader.)
- Added new Octane Multiplier shader. This shader takes a Carrara shader in the Input channel and an Octane texture shader in the Scale channel. When rendered in Carrara the scale value is ignored. When rendered in Octane the Input is multiplied by the Scale. This can be used in the Glow channel (for example) to adjust the power of an Octane emitter without affecting the Carrara renderer.
- Added a new Tasks tab to the Octane settings dialog. You can use these Tasks to run a program when certain trigger events occur.
- Execute at end of single image render. - Program is run when a single image has reached max sample count.
- Execute at single image sample count. - Program is run when a single image reaches the specified sample count.
- Execute at end of animation render. - Program is run when an animation has rendered it last frame.
- Execute at animation frame count. - Program is run when an animation has rendered the specified frame.
Also note that tasks only work when rendering in the Octane Viewport. Tasks are not triggered when using the Render Room.
Changed in 3.05.01.31
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.05.01. See here for more details.
- Fixed handling of empty VDB files during animations.
- Fixed crash when changing the shader of a scattered instance while the ORVP is open.
- Fixed animation of scatter mapped instances.
- Fixed crash when loading an empty VDB file.
- Use invariant culture when parsing .csv files.
- Fixed crash when loading replicators (and hair I hope).
- Made scatter map scale independent of the scale of the instance being scattered.
- Added Scatter Map Scale slider.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.05.0. See here for more details.
- Added Scatter Map support for mesh instances.
- Added Scatter Map support to Sphere primitives.
- Added animation tab to Octane Render Settings.
- Renamed 'Optimize Mesh' to 'Merge Unwelded Vertices'
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.04.5. See here for more details
- Fixed animation of movie textures.
- Fixed animation of VDB position.
- Unload VDB files when Enabled is unchecked.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.04.4. See here for more details
- Added new Fixed Scale mode to Octane Volume (VDB) nodes. Please see the notes on Scale Mode here for more details.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.04. See here for more details
- Added hair gradient support.
- Added AO ambient texture support.
- Added new render layer render option.
- Added new mode in falloff texture.
- Fixed problem where you could not pick a displacement map LOD greater than 1024x1024.
- Fixed a problem with Baking Camera not working due to a missing version number.
- Fixed a problem with Carrara crashing when selecting keys in the sequencer after a save if Octane Materials have been configured.
- The default for Invert Absorption in medium nodes is now false regardless of whether the Medium node was loaded from an old scene or not.
- Compiled with Octane SDK 3.03.4
- Added new Exr save options (16bit floats)
- Compiled with Octane SDK 3.03.3
- Added new Far Clip Depth and Swap Eyes properties to the Octane Camera's
- Added new Visible Environment settings to Scene -> Octane Environment
- Fixed bug in Field of View calculation when production frame width is less than the production frame height.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.03.2.
- Fixed problem with detecting the end of a rendered frame.
- Fixed problem with render pass statistics not updating.
- Fixed problem with animations not working if render passes (Multi-Layer) were enabled.
- Made some cosmetic improvements to the ORVP status bar.
- Change algorithm used to generate clouds (the old version was generating too many unwanted artifacts).
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.02
- Added support for Carrara 'Clouds'. https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... in-clouds/
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.01.01.
- Fixed problem with loading VDBs with only a single channel.
- You can now add a file list to OpenVDB volumes in order to animate them. https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... 3/openvdb/
- Fixed error that occurred when you assigned an Octane Object Layer modifier to a group.
- Fixed the default medium used to render volumetric clouds.
- Fixed the rendering of fountains.
- Fixed the version number that is shown in the ORVP.
- Integrated with Octane SDK 3.0.0 [Release]
- Fixed problem with Volumetric Clouds not rendering.
- Set default volume step length (in Volume Medium) based on scene magnitude.
Full Change Log