Dear Octane community,
We are very excited to introduce RNDR+, a new subscription option that we have just added to the shop page!
What is RNDR+?
- RNDR+ bundles OctaneRender Enterprise with all other OTOY software and services for one low price!
How much is it?
- RNDR+ subs are currently 29.95/month (billed annually) through our Black Friday sale. This will be 39.95/month (billed annually) after the Black Friday sale ends.
What does RNDR+ include?
- OctaneRender Enterprise Subscription
- Unlimited network rendering (10+ Octane Render nodes included with RNDR+ bundle, more available if needed)
- EmberGenFX (including future module integrations in all DCCs)
- World Creator (including future module integrations in all DCCs)
- RNDR tokens (10,000+ OctaneBench hours on sign-up)
- RNDR priority (for jobs over 5 GB)
- Usage based licensing model for future software and services built on top of the RNDR SDK
Will I be able to get RNDR+ on a monthly basis?
Yes. RNDR+ monthly subscriptions will come online next year for 49 euros / month (annual is 39/month)
Will I be able to get World Creator or EmberGenFX without RNDR+?
Yes. Just like Network Render node subscriptions already on the shop page , individual World Creator and EmbergenFX monthly/annual subs are expected to be available next year at ~10/month on top of Studio or Enterprise subs.
RNDR+ is intended to allow you to cover at least 2 such subs (more in the case of Render nodes, which aren't counted as cumulative licenses in RNDR+) through usage based licensing model, which we have worked out with our RNDR+ partners (big thank you to both the World Creator and JangaFX teams for helping us make it work for all).
Will EmberGenFX include other JangaFX suite software in the future (such as LiquiGen)?
Yes. And these will be exposed to DCC plug-ins too.
Will World Creator also be adapted to work inside Octane DCC plug-ins (without needing a standalone app) as is the plan with EmbergenFX ?
Yes. We are working with the WC team over the coming 2021 release cycle on this plan, and will have more to announce next year, after the free World Creator Octane trial period ends.
For the 2020 Black Friday RNDR+ offer, do I get 100+ RNDR tokens or $100 of RNDR tokens? Does this recur every month?
RNDR+ annual back Friday offer comes with a one time drop of 100 RNDR tokens (which is currently 25 euros to buy on the OTOY.com shop page). In the future, since RNDR+ is usage based, we may be able to apply RNDR tokens as credit to RNDR+ accounts that don't use the extra licenses (render nodes or 3rd party tools). Similarly, in the long term we are exploring how to allow RNDR+ subs to eventually be paid for in credits or RNDR tokens.
More to come as we roll RNDR+ out to users in the coming days...