OTOY unveils X.IO App Streaming service to effortlessly bring the most powerful workstation apps to every Internet-connected devicePowerful new virtualization service tuned for graphics-intensive applications makes multi-platform, device-agnostic apps a cinch, with support for popular cloud storage providers, printing and peripherals
SIGGRAPH 2014, VANCOUVER, Canada – August 12, 2014
– Cloud graphics pioneer, OTOY Inc.
, today announced X.IO App Streaming
, a new application virtualization service that instantaneously ports Windows desktop applications to the cloud without needing to modify any code, enabling users to access them on any Internet-connected device, regardless of form factor or platform. Using technology OTOY gained from the AppSlingr acquisition
earlier this year, X.IO was built from the ground up to handle the demanding nature of graphics-intensive applications, including image editing, CAD, and 3D modelling and rendering applications, making the editing of even the most complex files a breeze on low-performance devices, though the service is equally suitable for any Windows application.
With X.IO App Streaming, application developers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can realize the most from their development investments, saving millions of dollars in development costs and the need to retool development team skill sets while making their applications multi-platform and device agnostic through a white-labeled service. Users, be they employees or customers, gain one-click access to any application along with use of cloud storage including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts, improving collaboration by making the sharing and editing of documents easier.
OTOY is demonstrating X.IO App Streaming this week at the annual international conference on computer graphics, SIGGRAPH 2014
, in booth 1447 of the Vancouver Convention Center. The service is currently in beta with a launch planned for later this year. To sign up for the beta visit X.IO.
“The cloud has enabled a new wave of collaborative software that has transformed enterprises and startups alike through collective sharing and editing, but legacy applications, especially demanding workstation-class applications have largely been left behind until today,” said Jules Urbach, Founder and CEO, OTOY. “X.IO App Streaming gives developers an incredibly simple, cost-effective way to empower their employees and end customers, giving them access to workstation-class applications and performance and a full-function user experience from virtually any device with an Internet connection all without needing to change a thing in the development pipeline.”The benefits of X.IO App Streaming> Easily expand your reach
– For smaller development teams or companies that have focused on only one platform, X.IO immediately makes you multi-platform. For large-scale subscription-based ISVs, X.IO affords you a quick and cost-effective means of easily introducing collaboration to your products, providing users with a one-click launcher into any given application for any file sharing and editing.> Full-functionality from any device
– Along with X.IO’s Cloud Storage Bridge that connects applications to popular cloud storage services, X.IO also supports printing and peripherals to ensure maximum productivity, and boasts out-of-the-box support for mobile, native desktop, and web access.> High-quality, low-latency experience
– Based on OTOY’s ORBX technology
, X.IO app sessions provide an exceptional user experience with round-trip latency averaging less than 50 ms and bandwidth usage below 1 Mbps. Through our global network X.IO runs application sessions as close to users as possible, ensuring great performance and decreased latency all without any administration.> Increased security
– All X.IO connections are secured using the latest SSL technology, and OTOY’s data centers meet the strictest compliance standards, including PCI DSS Level 1 and ISO 27001. Additionally, dynamic session technology ensures data never stays on the servers after the session ends.> Reduced setup and maintenance costs
– X.IO is designed to be easy for both users and developers. The API enables complete control over the user experience, and integration libraries and support make it possible to integrate an application in an afternoon. Existing Windows apps continue to run as they always have without any changes. Concerns over registry corruption, different operating system versions, and having separate builds for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are a thing of the past.How X.IO App Streaming works>
For developers, OTOY provides APIs and SDKs that aid in the quick and easy integration of applications into X.IO’s service, with support for existing package formats such as App-V and a variety of options for how developers can package applications for employees or end customers. Once an application is setup, OTOY manages the rest, including distribution to the global network, scaling, and optimization.>
For users, launching an application hosted on X.IO is as simple as clicking a link or pasting a single line of code into a browser. Cloud resources are dynamically allocated, a virtual session is setup and secured, and a secure tunnel is created between the user, the session, and optionally their cloud storage accounts. Once the secure tunnel is established, the user can interact with the application just as if it was running on their local computer. X.IO sends the graphical output from the application, and relays the input signals from the user back to the session, ensuring the highest level of security since data is never on the user’s device. After the user closes the application, the tunnels are securely torn down and the virtual session is destroyed, removing all traces of any data that existed during the session and ensuring that data will never be left around for other users to access.Additional Resources:>
Get more information about X.IO App Streaming and sign up for the beta here.>
Arrange a meeting with OTOY at SIGGRAPH 2014, August 12-14, booth 1447 in the Vancouver Convention Center by contacting us here.>
Read about OTOY’s acquisition of AppSlingr here.>
Follow OTOY on Facebook
Download the OTOY logo here.
— Adding an application to X.IO
— Administrative dashboard within X.IO
— User login to X.IO. X.IO is a white-labelled service so app developers and ISVs can brand the service as they see fit.
— OTOY’s OctaneRender software running via X.IO App Streaming
— Autodesk Revit running via X.IO App Streaming