Refractive Software® is proud to announce the availability of the fifth intermediate octanelive® testing release, for MS Windows, Apple Mac OS X 10.5/6 and GNU/Linux.
This pre-beta is currently only available to licensed customers. A final/public demo version will be released soon.
New Features and fixes since pre-2.3 v4
- Code: Select all
- Documentation: A brand new PDF manual, completely redesigned from scratch, over 120 pages, with widescreen layout, and easy chapters/bookmark links (please use with acrobat reader)
- Hotpixel/Firefly removal for the imager, to get rid of fireflies in real-time with a sensitivity slider.
- Roughness option for specular materials, to render rough/glossy glass, like a sanded or milky looking glass.
- Mix material to blend between two materials.
- Improvements to glossy material, to solve dark edges (energy loss) problem.
- Improvements for emitters to reduce noise when nearby other surfaces.
- Many more improvements to increase convergence with less noise hotpixels/fireflies. (eg, the image noise clears up faster)
- OctaneLive® content service stability improvements for media content/license/account/preferences sharing.
- Stability fixes for drag & drop from the outliner.
- Stability fixes for working with multiple GPU's.
- Fix incorrect sun position in daylight environment.
- Fix crash when trying to override object import preferences.
- Fix multiplier key not working.
- Fix original zoom direction for zoom with the mouse wheel.
- Fix images embed when saving file that uses macros with embedded texture.
- Fix a problem loading .ocs with saved material macro and texture.
- Fix a problem saving .ocs with embedded images.
- Fix duplicate nodes being created when loading object with nodes connect to material.
- Fix problem where unitinialized macro's could be created.
No new drivers are needed for this release, it uses the same drivers/toolkits as the previous pre Beta 2.3 v4 release.
The OctaneRender® Team.