We are proud to announce the release of the new OctaneRender™ for Autodesk® AutoCAD®. Developed initially by Karba and then continued by Paul Kinnane with Octane's SDK, the OctaneRender™ GPU-based rendering engine is now closely integrated into the AutoCAD® environment.
OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3D graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU-based physically-based render engine with an advanced and flexible node-based workflow and user-interface. Now, with the plugin products, you can have the unparalleled quality and ease of use of the fastest physically-based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3D modeling and animation software.
This new plugin will provide a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing of lights, camera, materials and object placement.
Renders by guillerodriguezv:
Renders by iViz3d:
Autodesk® AutoCAD® VERSION REQUIREMENTS
This release requires AutoCAD 2013 or 2014, 32 or 64 bit, on Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- Automatic conversion of AutoCAD materials and geometry into Octane (conversion of Solids and Surfaces is fully supported, and there is conversion of Meshes vertices, but not UV's or normals since this is not available in the AutoCAD API).
- Ability to change any camera, resolution, environment, imager, kernel or postprocessing setting (as per Octane Standalone)
- Full editing of Octane materials (for materials converted from AutoCAD materials)
- Save rendertarget as the default rendertarget for new scenes
- Rendertarget can be exported and imported into different scenes (ie. save your IBL settings for quick loading in other scenes)
- Octane Materials can be exported and saved as "default" for when they are next used
- The Viewport can be configured to auto-saved every X samples
- The Viewport camera tracks the AutoCAD camera position, rotation, zoom, etc. (required Perspective mode, WCS).
- Octane LiveDB support (materials can be loaded from the LiveDB)
- Individual Cuda devices can be enabled/disabled, and the Render Priority set
- The render can be paused, continued and saved
- Mouse click the Viewport to set the focus distance or pick an Octane material for editing
- Materials and nodes can be copy and pasted
- Select an AutoCAD element and the materials for the element can be selected from to view the Octane material for that AutoCAD material
- A background image can be loaded for determining the current lighting for later composition.
- Materials can be applied from a list of Favourites
- Viewport Navigation, which allows navigation of the AutoCAD scene via the Octane Viewport (using mouse dragging).
COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT
To run OctaneRender™ for Autodesk® AutoCAD®, you need to have an activated OctaneRender Standalone license on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto. You cannot purchase only the AutoCAD® Plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of OctaneRender Standalone.
The on-line manual is available at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/AutoCAD/
HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES
Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/
A license for the plugin product alone will cost 99 € while in the initial open beta phase, and 199 € when the final version of the plugin is released.
The plugin will require the user to have a valid OctaneRender™ Standalone version installed and activated. If you don't have an OctaneRender license yet, you can purchase both the plugin and the engine/standalone licenses as one bundle during the beta phase for 279 €.
You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Autodesk® AutoCAD® licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.
Just like OctaneRender Standalone, The Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plugin product also needs an OctaneLive license and needs to be activated on a machine. This has to be done whenever needed - and is covered in the manual (http://render.otoy.com/manuals/AutoCAD/).
If you have any issues, please report them in the AutoCAD plug-in subforum, and include the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® version
The OctaneRender™ Team