We are proud to announce the release of OctaneRender™ for Revit, which fully integrates the OctaneRender™ GPU-based engine is now closely integrated into the Autodesk Revit modelling environment.
OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3D graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU-based physically-based render engine with an advanced and flexible node based workflow and user interface. Now, with our new plugin products, you can have the unparallelled quality and ease of use of the fastest physically-based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3D modeling and animation software.
This new plugin will provide a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing of lights, camera, materials and object placement together with fast final animation rendering output by using Revit's environment for scene setup.
The following renders were made with OctaneRender for Revit by Clive Broadhurst and
are directly saved from the plugin viewport without any additional post processing:REVIT VERSION REQUIREMENTS
This release requires Revit 2012, 2013 or 2014, 64bit (32 bit can be provided if needed), on Windows Vista, 7 and 8. There are some minor differences between running the plugin on Revit 2012/2013 and running it on Revit 2014. Revit 2014 allows for an improved geometry loading method, so the Revit 2014 version of the plugin contains more accurate UV mapping and faster scene loading. So Revit 2014 is the preferred host version for the plugin.FEATURES/FUNCTIONALITY
- Automatic conversion of Revit material and geometry into Octane
- Ability to change any camera, resolution, environment, imager, kernel or postprocessing setting (as per Octane Standalone)
- Full editing of Octane materials (for materials converted from Revit materials)
- Rendering of Flythroughs and Sun/Solar Studies
- Save rendertarget as the default rendertarget for new scenes
- Rendertarget can be exported and imported into different scenes or Revit views (ie. save your IBL settings for quick loading in other scenes)
- Octane Materials can be exported and saved as "default" for when they are next used
- The Viewport can be configured to auto-saved every X samples
- The Viewport camera tracks the Revit camera position, rotation, zoom, etc.
- Octane LiveDB support (materials can be laoded from the LiveDB)
- Individual Cuda devices can be enabled/disable, and the Render Priority set
- The render can be paused, continued and saved
- Mouse click the Viewport to set the focus distance
- When "daylight" lit, the sun direction is taken from the Revit sun position (this is the case for fly-thru and sun studies too)
- Materials and nodes can be copy and pasted
- Select a Revit element and the materials for the element can be selected from to view the Octane material for that Revit material
- Geometry proxies (OBJ files can be loaded in to replace Revit Components in the Octane scene). Proxies can be scaled and rotated, and materials can be
- Instancing support - where geometry proxies can be replicated many times according to an import CSV transform file
- A background image can be loaded for determining the current lighting for later composition.
- Materials can be applied from a list of Favourites
- Viewport Navigation, which allows navigation of the Revit scene via the Octane Viewport (using mouse dragging).COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT
To run OctaneRender™ for Revit, you need to have an activated OctaneRender™ Standalone copy on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto. You cannot purchase only the Revit plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of OctaneRender™ Standalone on your machine.DEMO VERSION AVAILABLE
A demo version will be available shortly.MANUAL
The on-line manual is available at render.otoy.com/manuals/Revit/.HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES
Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/
A license for the plugin product alone will cost 99 € while in the initial open beta phase, and 199 € when the final version of the plugin is released.The plugin will require the user to have a valid OctaneRender™ Standalone version installed and activated. If you don't have an OctaneRender license yet, you can purchase both the plugin and the engine/standalone licenses as one bundle during the beta phase for 279 euros.
You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Revit licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please follow the installation instructions in the online manual
Just like OctaneRender Standalone, The Revit plugin product also needs an OctaneLive license and be activated on a machine. This has to be done in the plugin interface, and is covered in the manual. It can only be done after an OctaneRender Standalone license is already activated on the machine in question.NVIDIA DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
This version requires video driver 301.42 or higher.ISSUE RESOLUTION
If you have any issues, please report them here, and include the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Revit version
Cheers to all,
from the OctaneRender™ Team