Refractive Software LTD is proud to announce the availability of version 1 beta2.1 RC1 of Octane Render.
This RC is currently only available to licensed customers.
We will provide updated DEMO versions on the demo download page once the RC is well tested and finalized.
This release is for PC's running MS Windows, Apple Mac's running Leopard or Snow Leopard or Linux Systems.
Important note regarding Multi-GPU Support
We are releasing this first Release Candidate without support for Multi-GPU as we did'nt make it in time.
We will be supplying a multi-gpu capable version of Octane Render within a few days.
New Features since beta2
- Code: Select all
- support for fermi architectures (Nvidia GTX400 series)
- new multi picker, right click with material picker to select materials hidden behind others
- new zoom picker, use it to move towards/focus on an object
- built in support for rendering turntable animations
- built in support for rendering daycycle animations
- physically correct camera motion blur
- command line automation flags for batch animation rendering, and passing camera placement and OBJ relinking
- can choose which gpu to use by default as command line flag (-g x)
- many Mac OS X UI enhancements, native menu bar, OCS icons, etc...
- updated manual
Changes & Bugfixes since beta2
- Code: Select all
- material and autofocus picking on different resolutions and after panning/zooming the image now works correctly
- more stability when changing render resolution while rendering
- bottom part of image is correctly displayed when navigating with supersampling
- roughness of glossy materials can go lower than min 40, and does'nt produce fireflies anymore
- bump mapping sampling of large maps is corrected.
- vignetting does'nt dissolve image gamma on edges anymore (eg works in HDR space)
- linux version can now read .PNG image file format
- fixed issue with diffuse transmission being connected by default on diffuse materials giving incorrect shading
- render hour timer issue is fixed.
- loading of files with non minor case .obj is fixed
- 16bpp grayscale images and 32bpp HDR grayscale images are now working on all platforms
- CMD+Q quits the application on Mac OS X
- Mac OS X version does'nt crash on exit anymore
- OBJ material import adds scale parameter
- nodes can be renamed correctly now
- Mac OS X does'nt need specific order of cuda package installation and the making of the symbolic link to the cuda runtime anymore.
- large nodes scroll more smooth/fast in node inspector
Please note that this release is an incremental update towards the complete v1.0 with all planned features as on our product page.
The Octane Render Team