This version of the plugin runs on ArchiCAD 20, 21 and 22 - 64 bit Windows (Vista, 7, 8 and 10).
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
For Network Rendering, you must use the Octane slave release from the Octane Standalone installer which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using. This version matches OctaneRender Standalone 4.00.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- ArchiCAD version (ArchiCAD -> Help -> License Information -> Version and Build Number
- OctaneRender for ArchiCAD version (ie. 1.02a)
- In the unlikely event of a crash, pls provide the dump report from the C:\Users\[username]\Graphisoft\BugReporting-[version] folder (on Win 7). Either post or email (to "paul at physicalc-software.com") the "ArchiCAD-XXXXXX-FATAL.RPT" file from this folder.
For more information
- Read the on-line manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch Tapperworks Showcase Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- Watch Tapperworks Render Passes video http://youtu.be/sXnLcWEbbmY
- Watch the Grass Generation video http://vimeo.com/113454418
- Post your question on this forum thread
Current TEST build (Octane 4.05)
- For users with a Regular license
- - OctaneRender for ArchiCAD 23 4.05.0.96 - New 05-Nov-2019
Current STABLE build (Octane 4.02.1)
- For users with a Regular license
- Compiled with Octane 4.05
- Added support for ArchiCAD 23
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1 RC4
- Implements the new Render Passes Cryptomatte functions from Octane 2018.1. Since all geometry in the ArchiCAD scene is loaded into a single Octane Mesh node, some of the Crypto "Object" passes will not work (except for Proxies)
- Does not implement the new Vectron, Volumetric Spotlight or Vertex Attributes from Octane 2018.1. Vectrons can be used by loading an ORBX file containing a Vectron node.
- The "Import from LiveDb/LocalDB - EXPERIMENTAL" Material tab option is back, and hopefully all prior issues reported with this functionality will now be resolved
- Added option in the Configuration screen to set the LocalDb folder
- Compiled with Octane 4.02.1
- Removed the "Import from LiveDb/LocalDB - EXPERIMENTAL" pending feedback from OTOY on how to resolve some of the issues with the new load screen
- Compiled with Octane 4.02
- Fixed error in "Import from LiveDb/LocalDB - EXPERIMENTAL" which could lead to a "No material node found" error or a crash
- Fixed "Removed the Cuda Devices list, and replaced with the Octane Standalone Devices panel" which was missing from the previous release
- Fixed issues associated with 4k monitors. Not supported in AC20 and AC21.
- Potential fix to the material picker issues that have been reported. Not supported in AC20 and AC21.
- Added "Import from LiveDb/LocalDB - EXPERIMENTAL" in the material tab menu
- Compiled with Octane 4.01.1
- Compiled with Octane 4.00. (To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 4, please check out our blog post.)
- Compiled with Octane 4.00 RC7
- Fixed a bug introduced in release 4.00.0.85 where Imager settings were not being saved
- Compiled with Octane 4.00 RC6
- Changed Devices tab to use the Octane API panel
- Added Denoiser options in the Imager settings
- Added Denoised Beauty pass to the Select Render Pass combobox on the Viewport toolbar
- Added Kernel AI Light options
- Added RenderPasses Denoiser passes
- Kernel->Light ID's (and the associated Action) is not implemented