No more IMPORT available?!

Forums: No more IMPORT available?!
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

No more IMPORT available?!

Postby Seaking406 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:24 am

Seaking406 Fri May 10, 2019 1:24 am
Greetings, this evening when loading up a previous project, I discovered that I could no longer change the material on the character. I can change the hair and other props but to add the RedSpecc Shaders, I am no longer able to do so for the skin.. I created a new project, same results.. loaded previous project, reconverted the materials on the character but now no longer able to import the RedSpecc Shaders to the skin..

I've rebooted the system, still no go..

Any thoughts or ideas?! I'm kind of stuck in the water with my work until I can sort this out.

(image shows how the menu looks when I have the character body selected, and trying to "import material" Red Specc shaders.. )
Attachments
import.jpg
import.jpg (67.6 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: No more IMPORT available?!

Postby face_off » Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 am

face_off Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 am
If you have selected the Body actor, you need to Import All Materials for the Prop/Figure.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seaking406 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Seaking406 Fri May 10, 2019 6:37 pm
face_off wrote:If you have selected the Body actor, you need to Import All Materials for the Prop/Figure.

Paul

Thanks Paul, you are correct, I don't know if I had a brain fart but I had always thought I had selected the first one for the character... (shakes head...)

Another quick one for you, when I select "open view port" on an existing scene or a new scene, it now opens to various sizes than before (it always opened to the full size It normally always did before...) which now requires me to resize it to the proper size.. Sometimes it opens to 1/4 or 1/2 the window size it used to.. Thoughts? (using version 4.02.1.91)

Thanks again.

Cheers
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 pm

face_off Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Another quick one for you, when I select "open view port" on an existing scene or a new scene, it now opens to various sizes than before (it always opened to the full size It normally always did before...) which now requires me to resize it to the proper size.. Sometimes it opens to 1/4 or 1/2 the window size it used to.. Thoughts? (using version 4.02.1.91)
I am not sure how this would happen. Is your Windows Scaling (from the Desktop->Display Settings->Advanced Scale Settings) set to 100%?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seaking406 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Seaking406 Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 pm
face_off wrote:
I am not sure how this would happen. Is your Windows Scaling (from the Desktop->Display Settings->Advanced Scale Settings) set to 100%?
Paul

Yes it is, this problem started about a week ago, probably what started my confusion of the initial query. It's not a horribly big deal as it can be reset after initial launch, but curious to know why it does that.. Could a gpu driver update cause such a thing? I think this might have started happening after such an update?

Thanks again.
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat May 11, 2019 10:58 pm

face_off Sat May 11, 2019 10:58 pm
Yes it is, this problem started about a week ago, probably what started my confusion of the initial query. It's not a horribly big deal as it can be reset after initial launch, but curious to know why it does that.. Could a gpu driver update cause such a thing? I think this might have started happening after such an update?
I think it is a plugin bug, which I will try to fix in the next release.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seaking406 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:56 am

Seaking406 Sun May 12, 2019 2:56 am
face_off wrote:
I think it is a plugin bug, which I will try to fix in the next release.

Paul

Always appreciated!

Cheers
Seaking406
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser