Pls read http://poserphysics.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/before-you-submit-octane-support.html prior to posting support issues.
Windows: Poser9/PoserPro2012, Poser10/PoserPro2014 and Poser 11/11 Pro, on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
OSX : PoserPro2012, PoserPro2014 and Poser 11/11 Pro 64bit, on MAC OS X 10.9.4 onwards.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 417 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
For Network Rendering, you must use the Octane slave release from the Octane Standalone installer which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using. This version matches OctaneRender Standalone 4.00.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. 184.108.40.206)
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 220.127.116.1127)
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
Also have ready a copy of
- octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory), and
- config.xml, which is in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\9 for Poser 9/2012 and C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\10 for Poser10/2014.
If you have questions
- Read the latest up-to-date on-line manual
- Read Wim's Poser Plugin User Guide
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Watch the Instancing Video
- Watch the HDR Light Studio Video
- Post your question on this forum thread
Current TEST build (Octane 2018.1)
- For users with an Enterprise subscription license
For users with a Studio subscription license
- Compiled with Octane 2018.1
- Implements the new Render Passes Cryptomatte functions from Octane 2018.1
- Does not implement the new Vectron, Volumetric Spotlight or Vertex Attributes from Octane 2018.1. Vectrons can be used by loading an ORBX file containing a Vectron node as a proxy.