This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.13u
(TEST RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.13, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 22.214.171.12427)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from release 1.11u
- Compiled against Octane 1.13
- Sun setting colors can be set
- Sun size can be set
- Other changes as per Octane Standalone 1.13
- Rendering can be backed-off a little to increase GUI response times for those using a single card for rendering and Windows display. See Cuda tab for details
- octane.dat now in 'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\64' (or '32' for 32 bit systems). It would be good practice to delete the previous octane.dat from 'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012'
- Unclicking "Resolution Lock" now immediately resizes the resolution to the current viewport size
- Fixed issue where changing from "thinlens" to "panoramic" (or the reverse) would not correctly re-align the Octane camera to the Poser camera
- Fixed issue where changing to "daylight" would not immediately alight the Octane sun to the Poser sun infinite light
- New setting in OctaneDefaults.py call ALLOW_SCALED_CAMERAS (defaults to False/No). Refer to that file for details.
- Rendering animations can now have a render timelimit set per frameKnown Issues
NoneIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings. NOTE: This issue can also be solved by using a Low Render Priority if using a single graphics card.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.Download
the plugin HERE