whenever I change the aspect ratio in the Octane Render Plugin the Aspect Frame in the Viewport does not update. The Aspect Frame also does not update in the render screen. When using IRAY it changes, just not octane. It was working fine before but I had to downgrade to 188.8.131.52, and ever since that the aspect frame seems to be untethered from the octane setting. Anybody have any ideas?
3 ideas what could be the cause:Possible Reason 1: Random unlinking of the aspect ratio frame after update
The DAZ Studio OpenGL viewport Aspect Ratio Frame sometimes is not displayed properly after a DS or an OcDS update / version change.
In most cases this is resolved by
- changing the aspect ratio to another fixed value like 16:9 in the OcDS Render settings
- close and reopen the OcDS viewport to restart the render- alternatively use the "Reload forced" setting to completely rebuild a hung up viewport
- - -
If that still does not make the DS OpenGL viewport aspect ratio frame to update and stay check Reason 2 or 3.
- - -Possible Reason 2: Viewport / Render setup toggle
Make sure that you do not have by accident toggled on the Render Viewport setting which will ignore any selected aspect ratio.Aspect Frame - Render setup
is selected when photograph icon with mountain is showing
-> This means the aspect ratio and render resolution from the OcDS Render Settings tab are being used.
- - -Aspect Frame - Viewport
is selected when double sided arrow is showing
-> This means the OcDS plugin viewport size defines the aspect ratio and the render resolution.
- - -
You can also right click anywhere in the OcDS plugin viewport to switch to the other state depending on what is currently activated
- Render to Viewport size
- Render to "NUMBER OF SELECTED RESOLUTÎON
-> In order to reactivate a hung up DS OpenGL viewport aspect frame make sure the Aspect Frame - Render setup is activated before trying to change the ratio or resolution.
- - -Possible Reason 3: DAZ Studio "Show Aspect Frame"
- Make sure “Show Aspect Frame” is activated in the DAZ Studio viewport settings
- - -