The idea of this thread is to provide a quick overview of
- The DAZ Studio 3D Bridge
- Exporting to Photoshop for the OctaneRender plugin for DAZ Studio
- Photoshop compositing extension
and last but not least to ask
- what happend to the OctaneRender for Photoshop plugin that was announced in 2014?
Notiusweb wrote:Linvanchene, is that a direct export to Photoshop with Daz, how do you like using that? Does it work somehow with the OcDS plugin also?
The DAZ Studio 3D Bridge Tab
It captures the DAZ Studio viewport as a 2D image and sends it over as a layer to photoshop.
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/ ... bridge_tab
-> When you use "Render to New Layer" it actually uses the selected Render Engine either Iray or 3Delight with the selected settings to render an image and send it over to photoshop as layer.
Unfortunately OctaneRender for DAZ Studio has its own viewport therefore you cannot use that feature.
- - -
Sending maps from the OctaneRender for DAZ Studio plugin to Photoshop
If you have assigned a material to a surface in OctaneRender for DAZ Studio and now want to quickly edit that map in Photoshop you can do that.
- Make sure in the OcDS preferences tab the path Image Editor points to Photoshop.exe
- Now select an image map in either the NGE or the materials tab and select:
External Editing / Open in Editor
- A copy of the map will be created in the original save location
- edit the map in photoshop
- when finished click the refresh button next to the map in OcDS to load the altered version
- - -
Photoshop compositing extension
With OctaneRender 3 support for compositing Octane render passes in Photoshop and loading multi-layer OpenEXR files (16 and 32 bits) was added to OctaneRender standalone.
- - -
OctaneRender plugin for Photoshop
But what exactly happend to the full OctaneRender for Photoshop plugin that was announced in August 2014?
https://home.otoy.com/otoy-expands-octa ... er-engine/
One idea for the OctaneRender Photoshop plugin was that you could paint on maps in Photoshop and then would see the updates in almost realtime in the OctaneRender viewport while painting.
A video preview is still up on the official Otoy youtube channel:
-> Does anyone know if development of the photoshop plugin for OctaneRender has been stopped or if someone else will pick up development again?
- - -