This is a new beta release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2018.1.0.1, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2018.1 RC1 core.
As with all experimental releases, please do not use this for production purposes. 2018.1 RC1 will expire in 60 days
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the LightWave plugin, the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane object properties custom object plugin to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane volumetrics custom object plugin to configure the OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs and assign their Octane material nodes.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- Vectron (Vector Primitive)
Release 2018.1.0.1 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.0.1 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Standalone 2018.1 RC1 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C1_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- New LightWave 2019.0 plugin builds.
- Vectron volumetrics.
- Fixed a bug related to the disconnection of the nodes connected to the OSL nodes after loading the scene files.
- Universal Material IOR parameters GUI reordering to match the Metallic material.
- New proper pitch rotation parameter in the texture environment node.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed incorrect render restart if the noise pass gets enabled / disabled when adaptive sampling or the denoiser is enabled.
- Fixed bug that caused geometry to disappear or to render only partially on some frames of animations.
- Fixed rendering of the third UV coordinate set.
- OSL: Improved error handling in certain situations.
Your OTOY Team