This is the first alpha build of the OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™
plugin. This 3.00.0.0 release
is available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.3 Windows x64 and OSX.This is an alpha release, so please consider this more a test or development release which may not be stable enough for a production environment. All the new 3.0 features are under development.Alpha release 3.00.0.0https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... indows.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... .0_OSX.zipVolumetric demo scens https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... scenes.zipStandalone version for the network rendering nodes
Soon to be releasedNew features of OctaneRender™ 3.00viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679How to install the plugin
- (Only for Windows) Remove all the old Octane plugin 2.2 files (octane.dll, octane.dat and the .p plugin file), or add a new LightWave installation to your system to test Octane 3.0
- (Only for Windows) Copy the octane.dll, tbb.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory. You must overwrite the LightWave tbb.dll file.
- Add the plugin to the Lightwave Layout.
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features. =============================================
* NEW FEATURES:
- Custom object plugin to manage the Octane volumetrics object.
- Custom node editor inside the custom object plugin to build procedural volumetrics and manage the volumetrics shading.
- Support of OpenVDB files. Parameters to extract the grids for absorption, scattering and emission layers, the volume scale and the isovalue.
- OpenVDB bounding box and info in the viewports.
- Support of absorption, scattering and emission procedural volumetrics, rasterizing LW procedural nodes, inside the volumetrics node editor.
- Support of procedural volumetric shapes: box, sphere and mesh.
- IPR real time update of the volume material.Octane Light:
- IES lights preview icon in the image texture node.
- IES lights preview icon in the Octane light panel. New Octane light layout using two tabs to organize the controls.
- IES web graph in the OpenGL viewports for the selected lights. Environment medium:
- New inputs in the environment nodes to link a global scene medium node. This means that users don't have to model a sphere around the camera anymore if they like to have camera fog or mist.
- New parameter in the environment nodes to control the environment virtual sphere radius.Passes node:
- New options for beauty raw passes. Raw passes are render passes where the color of the first bounce is "divided" out of the render. The original render can be reconstructed again by multiplying the raw passes with the appropriate filter passes. Because we divide, this doesn't work for saturated colors (i.e. colors where one of the components is near 0).
- Added the opacity and texture tangent passes.
- New "Save Compositing File" feature available for the multilayer EXR files. This is the central part of the extension that allows you to load an OctaneRender Compositing Project (*.ocprj) file into Photoshop.
- Support of OpenEXR deep images.
- Removed the start after beauty and tonemap options, not used anymore.
- We save the alpha channel in the OpenEXR files only when necessary.
- Grayscale render passes, like the Z-Depth, occupy one one channel now.
- New roughness and ior info passes
- "Bump and Normal Mapping" option in the info passesKernels:
- Improved film buffer management: Rendering is now tile based. This means that rendering large resolutions or multiple render passes isn't as memory intensive anymore.
- New Direct Lighting kernel options for volumetrics, tile sampling and deep images.
- Deprecated the "Ambient" and "Sample Ambient" modes in the DirectLighting kernel.
- New Direct Path Tracing kernel options for volumetrics, tile sampling and deep images.
- New PMC kernel options for volumetrics and tile sampling.
- New InfoChannel kernel options for tile sampling. Some channels have been deprecated and other added since version 2.2.Cloud Rendering:
- (EXPERIMENTAL) New command to upload to the cloud rendering system the scene loaded in the IPR.Misc:
- Added a new option to the Octane custom object plugin to disable the motion blur in this object.
- New feature in the plugin options panel to reduce the max. size of the preview window. Used to render in computers with less than 900 pixels height resolution.
- The LiveDB dialog retains its full state every time it is opened.
- New "neutral response" feature in the imager node. If enabled, the camera response curve will not affect the colors.
- "Tonemap Interval" parameter in the imager node. Define the maximum interval between tonemaps (in seconds)* BUGS FIXED:
- Render layers syntax doesn't work properly. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the fiberFX systems with degenerated vertices.
- The IPR doesn't update the instances while working with the DP Instancer plugin. Fixed.
- Material update in the IPR too slow if the textures maps are used only in this mmaterial. Fixed.