This is a new release of the OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ plugin, Version 1.5 beta, build 1.25.0
- released for Lightwave 10.x and 11.x Windows x32 and x64 and for LW 11.x OSX.
Please, remember that this release is a beta. Could be very useful a report of any problems you could find while using this new version.Download plugin links:http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... indows.ziphttp://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .0_OSX.zipOctane 1.5 new features introduction video:https://vimeo.com/82954226How to install the plugin (Windows):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there are the plugin for all Lightwave versions, the octane.dll and octane.dat files (for x32 and x64) and a custom LW menu bar file
- Copy the octane.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout, select the plugin for your Lightwave version (10.x or 11.5 or 11.6)
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane featuresHow to update the plugin (Windows):
- It is like install the plugin again (copy the .dll and .dat files to the Lightwave/bin directory and add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.
- This build uses the new Octane SDK 1.25, if you are working with Windows please be sure that you update the Octane.dat and Octane.dll files inside your Lightwave/bin folder.How to install the plugin (OSX):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin and a custom LW menu bar file
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane featuresHow to update the plugin (OSX):
- It is like install the plugin again (add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.*NEW FEATURES IN THE 1.25.0 RELEASE*
- New coordinate system (world or local) inside the projection node.
- Now all procedurals works by default in local coordinate system. To work with a procedural in world space coordinates user can plug a projection node in the procedural node projection input and set the world space there.
- Added an option to the info channel kernel to allow the rendering of bump/normal mapped normals (in modes "Shading normals" and "Wireframe").
- Added support for native motion blur in the camera FOV parameter. Only visible in final rendering, IPR can't show the FOV MB currently because the IPR camera has it's own FOV parameter to control the zoom.
- OSX release*BUGS FIXED IN THE 1.25.0 RELEASE*
- Hide the user account password in the LWSN logs
- Layout crash if user edit a Octane light parameter while one or more non Octane lights are selected. Fixed.
- Delete an image in the LW image editor crash Octane render. Fixed.
- Crash after close the IPR window. Added a resetProject() command before close the IPR window to try to fix it.
- Fix the coordinate space mode in camera mapping node.