We are happy to share a new release candidate of Octane 2020.1. This means that this release contains all features planned for the stable build once it is released but we may still go through more iterations to solve any issues as required. Please be aware this is still not a stable release so please do not use this for production purposes.
This release includes a number of bug fixes and improvements including most of what has been reported by you in previous builds. There are still some outstanding issues that could not make it to this release but we are making good progress and they should be coming in the next release. Thank you all for your support.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 435.80 for Windows or 435.12 for Linux to enable support for RTX hardware acceleration. There are no OSX drivers that currently support RTX.
OctaneRender 2020.1 has superseded this build.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.1 RC3:
- Fixed a few scenarios causing CUDA errors after some scene updates.
- Fixed an issue with recent NVIDIA drivers that would cause materials to not to be properly assigned to some instances when using RTX.
- Fixed object layer and material maps so they also work with the new light node types.
- Fixed some scenarios which would cause Octane to not to be able to reach any server due to invalid Windows proxy settings.
- Fixed crash happening during startup on OSX when a proxy is configured in the OS settings.
- Fixed case in which compilation of invalid meshes would result in an unhandled exception.
- Fixed CUDA error when layered materials would exceed the maximum number of layers allowed.
- Fixed CUDA error happening with some mediums with zero scattering values.
- Improved sampling of scattering media with saturated scatter and absorption spectra.
- Mitigated appearance of fireflies in mediums with a highly wavelength-dependent scattering radius.
- Added new menu item
Find type...to the node graph editor context menu that allows searching for a node type to create a new instance.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for OSX
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Slave for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Slave for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Slave for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 RC4 Slave for MacOS
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 RC4 Standalone for OSX
Your OTOY NZ team