We are happy to share our third experimental build of Octane 2020.1 As with all experimental software please do not use this for production purposes.
This release includes a large number of bug fixes and improvements including most of what haves been reported by you in previous builds. There are still some outstanding issues that could not make it to this release but we are making good progress and they should be coming in the next release. Thank you all for your support.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 435.80 for Windows or 435.12 for Linux to enable RTX support. There are no OSX drivers that currently support RTX.
2020.1 RC1 has superseded this build.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.1 XB2:
- Added float and color attributes support for hair primitives including alembic export/import.
- Added support for vertex attribute export/import using FBX.
- Added ability to hide specific object layers from being evaluated by dirt.
- Minor UI improvements in the preferences panel.
- Memory optimizations when using the built-in denoiser.
- Minor performance improvements for hair and displacement geometry.
- Fixed 100% transparent object casting shadow on a SSS material.
- Fixed issue causing dirt to work just with the bottom level material when using composite materials.
- Fixed issue causing some scenes using autofocus with RTX to miss some geometry.
- Fixed GPU illegal memory access increasing shutter time from zero when using RTX.
- Fixed network rendering when the master runs on OSX and uses either Windows or Linux slaves.
- Fixed GPU invalid memory access when using auto-bumpmap with RTX geometry.
- Fixed issue causing geometry to disappear when using a baking camera after switching render targets.
- Fixed albedo for hair when the intersected primitive is not a hair primitive.
- Fixed potential cause for artefacts in pixels which rays would be coplanar to quad primitives.
- Fixed FBX export crash when the scene contains only hair or sphere primitives and no polygons.
- Fixed issue in the way memory usage was tracked showing it continuously increasing.
- Fixed issue with auto bump map which was not working properly on the universal material layers.
- Fixed issue in auto bump map's plane size calculation which was causing wrong results.
- Fixed issue that was causing geometry to disappear when using a displacement texture with zero height.
- Fixed scenario in which auto bump would produce results hardly noticeable.
- Fixed crash when using some OSL shaders including some OSL geometry.
- Fixed issue causing full rebuilds after updating scatter nodes.
- Fixed incorrect light sampling when using a a mix of RTX primitives and other primitive types.
- Accurate rounded edges shader support with RTX.
- Dirt shader support with RTX.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for OSX
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Slave for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Slave for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Slave for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB3 Slave for MacOS
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB3 Standalone for OSX
Your OTOY NZ team