We are happy to share our second experimental build of Octane 2020.1 As with all experimental software please do not use this for production purposes.
This release includes a large number of bug fixes and improvements including those that have been reported by you in 2020.1 XB. There are still some outstanding issues that could not make it to this release but we are making good progress and they should be coming in the next one. Thank you all for your support.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 435.80 for Windows or 435.12 for Linux to enable RTX support. There are no OSX drivers that currently support RTX.
2020.1 XB3 has superseded this build.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.1 XB1:
- Added Cinema 4D noises to standalone. These will also be available from the Cinema 4D plugin.
- Added IOR pin to hair material to control the Fresnel effect of the specular reflection.
- Added randomizatoin pins to hair material.
- Command line arguments take precedence over settings in
- Addded ACES export to the batch rendering Lua scripts.
- Added auto bump map support for RTX primitives.
- Added support for UV sets 2 and 3 for RTX primitives.
- Added support for vertex attributes for RTX primitives.
- Added support for vertex attributes for primitives using texture displacement.
- Added support for importing and exporting point attributes via Alembic files.
- Brought back network rendering (slave are builds available now).
- Primitives using fast rounded edges shader can now be accelerated using RTX.
- Better handling of environment sampling.
- Various UI cosmetic changes including buttons capitalization and full stops.
- Reduced VRAM used for instancing up to less than half in the most common case.
- Fixed CUDA crash when using turbulence texture in dirt texture.
- Fixed a few issues that would cause the memory usage to slightly increase over time.
- Fixed melanin conversion for inverse reflectance mapping in hair material.
- Fixed secondary bounce rough limit for the azimuthal roughness in hair material.
- Fixed some edge cases where hair material was producing wrong values.
- Fixed auto bump map for projection types other than mesh UV.
- Fixed vertex displacement not being properly applied to primitives using motion.
- Fixed some resolution issues in Retina displays.
- Fixed issue breaking some noise functions in OSL.
- Fixed broken batch rendering Lua scripts due to recent changes in the API.
- Fixed crash while updating a scene and device peering (NVlink) is enabled.
- Fixed issue causing mix material being ignored when it is connected to a layered material.
- Fixed fake shadow being switched off when albedo is greater than zero in universal material.
- Fixed broken connection caused after an externally linked camera node changed to a universal camera.
- Fixed crash when expanding a universal camera.
- Fixed application settings pane being cut off on the right depending on the system font size.
- Fixed crash when importing FBX geometry containing more than 3 UV sets.
- Fixed stale rendering stats on finished render when upsampler is enabled.
- Fixed issue that would require unused shared libraries on Linux.
- Fixed issue with AI light when using RTX causing dark renders.
- Fixed issue with volume scattering not rendering as expected.
- Fixed issue when connecting texture nodes to dirt radius input.
- Disable the RTX performance script if RTX is not supported.
- Disable the RTX on/off checkbox from the device manager if RTX is not supported.
- Some operators do not currently work with vectron when using scatter nodes.
- Crash rendering some animated scenes after a number of frames in some plugins.
- Missing geometry for some scenes when RTX is enabled.
- Accurate rounded edges shader support with RTX.
- Dirt shader support with RTX.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for OSX
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Slave for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Slave for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Slave for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1 XB2 Slave for MacOS
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1 XB2 Standalone for OSX
Your OTOY NZ team