We are happy to share our second experimental build of Octane 2019.2 As with all experimental software please do not use this for production purposes.
This release is mostly a maintenance update. There are still some outstanding issues at this point, but we are making good progress for more fixes to arrive soon.
Please also ensure that you have a NVIDIA driver version 419.x or newer.
Changes since OctaneRender 2019.2 XB1:
- Replaced pin to enable RTX from the kernel settings with a flag in the device settings that enables RTX persistently for all devices.
- New relase flag
disableRtxto completely disable RTX even if enabled in the device settings.
- Displacement: Fixed unnecessary updates in some more scenarios when using vertex displacement.
- Geometry: Fixed ghosting issue when modifying instance positions and RTX was enabled.
- Geometry: Fixed lack of motion blur for some objects when RTX was enabled.
- Geometry: Fixed issue that would cause some objects to appear transparent when using an environment medium when RTX was eanbled.
- Lua: Fixed denoise devices always matching the devices using priority.
- Material: Fixed issue with glossy materials which would always trigger a full update.
- Material: Fixed shared toon materials only rendering correctly on one object, the rest rendered black.
- Material: Fixed toon outline always rendering black.
- Material: Fixed texture projections other than mesh uv not working with scattering and absorption.
- Material: Fixed dirt texture being ignored for layered materials.
- Material: Fixed universal material pins to specify transmission type.
- Material: Fixed universal material layer with thin wall and single sided geometry behavior.
- Network Render: Fixed network rendering when RTX was enabled in render slaves.
- Picking: Fixed picking when upsampling was enabled.
- Picking: Fixed error after using mesh or material picking when RTX was enabled.
- Render Pass: Fixed layered material diffuse direct contribution being output into the reflection direct pass.
- Render Pass: Fixed smooth normals when geometric and vertex normals would be in opposite hemispheres.
- Stability: Fixed crash when using texture displacement and accurate rounded edges.
- Stability: Fixed CUDA crash when using AI light and RTX primitives.
- Stability: Fixed CUDA crash with meshes with more than one material and emission wen RTX was enabled.
- Stability: Fixed CUDA crash in scene with emission and various geometry types when RTX was enabled.
- Stability: Fixed crash while loading some meshes with polygons of different sizes when RTX was enabled.
- UI: Fixed issue with displaying and updating the device priority flag in the device settings.
- UI: Fixed memory tracking when RTX was enabled.
- Scenes that contain not just triangles can be slower when RTX mode is enabled.
- Dirt texture applied to triangles will evaluate as black when RTX mode is enabled.
- Round edges will not be evaluated when using accurate mode and RTX mode is enabled.
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.2 XB2 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.2 XB2 (Windows zip)
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio 2019.2 XB2 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2019.2 XB2 (Windows zip)
Downloads for users with a regular V4 license
OctaneRender 2019.2 XB2 (Windows installer)
OctaneRender 2019.2 XB2 (Windows zip)
Your OTOY NZ team