This is an updated release of our experimental V4 work, containing some more fixes and improvements.
For introductory material on V4, please see the first release post of V4.
As with all experimental and test releases, please do not use this build for production work, and please note that we still classify this as an experimental release. We cannot guarantee that scenes saved with this version would be compatible with future releases.
- NVIDIA Driver version 387 or higher is required on Windows and Linux, and any CUDA driver for Mac should work that supports CUDA 9.1.
- Octane no longer supports Fermi GPUs.
- We are still working through a lot of changes required to make Network Render operational. This is directly related to AI Scene and AI Light.
- AI Denoiser will not denoise volumes and hairs yet.
Changes since OctaneRender V4 XB2.1
- Fixed render job graph node.
- Fixed invert option of instance range node.
- Material map nodes and object layer map nodes can now be used to remap materials of FBX and Alembic archives.
- Fixed bone deformation not always working correctly when a skeleton is shared between two or more skinned meshes.
- Fixed crashing material preview on some Kepler cards, and a separate issue where render failures happen spontaneously.
- Fixed fireflies in indirect reflections for specular materials.
- Fixed a couple of issues with Beckmann and GGX where sampling caused fireflies in specular materials when both reflection and transmission are enabled.
- Sphere primitives now correctly cause direct light sampling.
- Fixed large image deep pixel rendering having wrong results.
- Fixed render failure sometimes when one or more info passes are enabled.
- Fixed denoiser status text not always being visible when denoising.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)