This is hopefully the last test release of the 3.06 development cycle, mostly tweaking the new features and fixing as many bugs as possible. You can find a detailed description of the new 3.06 features in this thread.
Changes since version 3.06 TEST 3:
- Added a general shadow pass, which shows all direct light shadows that are calculated on the first bounce. This includes sun light, but excludes sky light or texture environment if importance sampling is disabled or the texture environment doesn't consist of an image. The reason for this limitation is that those light sources are not included in the direct light calculation and Octane doesn't shoot an explicit shadow ray and with that can't calculate a shadow.
- Adaptive sampling tweaks: Transparent pixels stop at minimum samples and the value range of the expected exposure matches now the exposure of the imager node.
- Merged the greyscale, spectrum and normal texture evaluation into one function. The texture evaluation adapts to the correct texture fetch mode depending on the use of the evaluated texture. As a side effect, you can now add normal textures and also multiply them with a greyscale texture.
- Triplanar map textures can now be nested.
- Fixed default name of the triplanar projection node and changed the default name of the triplanar texture to "Triplanar map".
- Trying to improve error messages when the sign on fails.
- Fixed crash in PMC when the maximum samples have been reached.
- Fixed a deadlock when rendering is stopped while tone mapping is in progress.
- Fixed issue that rendering won't restart if you stopped rendering during deep pixel binning.
- Fixed broken falloff texture in the texture environment.
- Fixed missing updates of the texture environment when importance sampling is enabled.
- Fixed info passes / info channel kernel on Fermi GPUs.
- Fixed output directory if render passes are exported as separate PNG files.
- Fixed odd file numbering in the batch render script.
- It's now possible to use subscription and non-subscription licenses on the same machine. Please note that the type of license required is still depending on the type of build you are using.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
A new version of the Photoshop plugin (1.0.5) has been made available, containing the following changes:
- Added support for noise layer added in v3.06.
- Added support for Photoshop 2017.
You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team