I'm sorry for not giving news since a long time but the last two quarters have been pretty hot with no spare time for putting my hands on Octane/Blender. I'm now on vacation for 4 weeks so I hope I'll be able to deliver some updates in a few days. Here are my plans:
- make Bucket rendering work (I'm sorry I let the button in the interface while implementation didn't even start)
- fix blender 2.58x-specific issues if any
- fix octane 2.46b-specific issues if any
- check if I can make strands export without the particle modifier (just trying, don't get excited too quickly)
- make a second branch for 'official' plugin (sticking to Refractive's guidelines for UI)
This will probably be the last update(s) until the new export format is available and I think I'll take the opportunity to go for (another) complete rewrite of the plugin for allowing fancy stuff such as distributed (network) rendering.
Please let me know in this thread if there're any outstanding issues I could quickly fix (may be you noticed stuff that was working before and doesn't work anymore). Feel also free to suggest new features, keeping in mind what is technically possible or not