I recently ordered a material converter add-on from Cycles to Octane.
This is the first version and it has only main features like:
- creating "Octane Glossy Shader" from Cycles "Principled BSDF"
- creating "Octane Diffuse Shader" from Cycles "Diffuse BSDF"
- creating "Octane Glossy Shader" from Cycles "Glossy BSDF"
- creating "Octane Specular Shader" from Cycles "Glass BSDF"
- creating “Octane Image Texture” node, based on Cycles “Image Texture” node and automatically plugging it in “Diffuse” slot in Octane Shader,
- copying values of Specular, Roughness and IOR from Principled BSDF to created Octane Glossy Shader,
- copying object smoothness to Octane Shader slot,
- creating “Image Texture” or “Float Image Texture” nodes for roughness, specular, bump and normal maps and plugging them in Octane Shader slots. (if there are such textures in Cycles shader)
It will be soon available publicly on bitbucket (or GitHub, I'm not sure yet), but for now here is a link to the add-on on my Google Drive:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NZuH2 ... jKJwRLOBff
The author of the add-on is mr Aditia A. Pratama,
Here is his e-mail address: [email protected]
You can address any requests and suggestions to him. And please keep in mind that this add-on wasn't a voluntary work