Changes in this release:
- Upgraded to 2020.1
To use OctaneRender 2020.1 (Standalone or Plugin), you need to have a Studio or Enterprise License.
Important: We recommend that you upgrade your NVIDIA driver to version 419.17 or newer. There have been some critical fixes in this newer version.
Known issue: SketchUp's Advanced Camera feature is not compatible with the Octane Render plugin. This is due to a bug in SketchUp that we are unable to do anything about from our end. Developers at Trimble are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. For the moment, avoid creating advanced cameras in scenes intended for use with the Octane Render plugin.
Manuals and Reference Information
- OctaneRender 2020.1 release announcement
- Octane Documentation Portal
- SketchUp Plugin Manual
- OctaneRender Standalone Manual
SketchUp Plugin Introduction Video
Software (Windows version):
- SketchUp 2017 - 2020 for Windows x64; SketchUp 2018 or 2019 is recommended
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 for x64
- The plugin is not compatible with any x86 (32-bit) version of SketchUp or Windows
Software (Mac version):
- SketchUp 2017 - 2020 for MacOS; SketchUp 2018 or 2019 is recommended
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- 64-bit Intel or AMD CPU
- One or more recent model Nvidia GPU cards
- Nvidia drivers version 419.17 or later
- The plugin is not compatible with AMD or Intel GPUs
There are separate installers for the SketchUp 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions of the plugin. You can install more than one of these on the same computer; they are treated as separate applications. We recommend uninstalling all previous versions of the SketchUp plugin before installing the latest version.
If you are having any problems, the first thing you should check is that you do not have different versions of other Octane products installed.
If you have a support issue, please provide the following information:
- Operating system (e.g. Windows 10 Pro for x64)
- CPU type (e.g. Intel Core i7)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics cards - model (e.g. Nvidia GTX 1070 with 8GB)
- Nvidia driver version (e.g. 419.17)
- SketchUp version (e.g. SketchUp Pro 2019 version 19.0.685 64-bit)
- Skatter version, if you have it installed (e.g. Skatter 1.2.0)
- OctaneRender for SketchUp version (e.g. 2018.1.18)
The most important part of resolving a problem is our being able to reproduce the problem, so please provide as much detail as possible!
- Mac plugin for SketchUp 2017
- Mac plugin for SketchUp 2018
- Mac plugin for SketchUp 2019
- Mac plugin for SketchUp 2020
- Windows plugin for SketchUp 2017
- Windows plugin for SketchUp 2018
- Windows plugin for SketchUp 2019
- Windows plugin for SketchUp 2020
We hope to fix these in a coming update:
- Output linker nodes may change their position when a scene is saved and reloaded.
- The Mac installer is not signed yet. For the moment, if Finder gives you an error when you run the installer, you can override this and run it by right-clicking on the installer and selecting Open from the popup menu.
- Custom resolution in the material preview does not work.
- Once a texture has been copied from SketchUp to the Octane version of the scene, any changes made to either version of the material are not reflected in the other version. (This is a simplification applied to ensure the two versions of the material are handled correctly in this version of the plugin; we intend to add automatic transfer of changes from one to the other in future, where the different properties and behaviour of Octane and SketchUp materials allows it.)
The following are SketchUp bugs that we have no control over, although we will try to find a workaround if possible:
- Advanced cameras are not compatible with this plugin.
- Re-applying the same texture after an undo may fail to work.
- The toolbar buttons on the Mac plugin sometimes show incorrect pressed-vs-unpressed states.
- The status bar text is not reliably updated in the Mac version.