DigitalDouble wrote:Hi Tig,
I have both SU 7 and 8 installed.
I installed the SU plugin on both directories.
Su7 is able to launch the dialog box and render and V8 doesn't.
I think it worked at one point, but not anymore.
I tried rebooting etc.. but to no avail.
I tried going back to 1.05 but same thing...
Some more info:
When trying to launch Octane from SU8 with an empty scene I get the dialog box "You must save this...."
This is good !
But when I create a simple scene (a box) and save it, clicking on the octane icon doesn't so anything and the icon stays depressed.
The file name and the directory path do not have spaces or foreign characters.
Sorry I missed yours it was in Guy's morass...
Have you done a full install of all files for v8 as well as v7 - as discussed here and in the README file - please don't try and copy files from one folder to the other - you might miss something.
If it's still not working in v8 then open the Ruby Console and run the Octane Render Exporter and post any error-messages you get in there.
If you get any other error dialogs etc please post those too.
If you try to run the Exporter in v7 or v7 and the project has not been saved then you will get that message - the Exporter needs to have a saved 'SKP' so that it knows what the default project name and path might be. It is nothing to do with 'Scenes' because it will limit itself to the Camera of the Current View and disabled the Animation Options if there are no Scenes available.
The SKP's name/file-path can contain special-characters and spaces [it's recommended 'not' - but it's not 'fatal' !].
The OCS's project folder-path can contain spaces but NO special-characters [***example accented letters or non-ASCII Unicode characters].
The OCS project-name [>>> "xxx".ocs] should only consist of ***A-Z, a-z, 0-9, '_' and '-' characters, but with NO <spaces> or special-characters.
Can you also provide details of your default web-browser and IE version - and general OS etc...
If you feel confident enough could you please also run 'regedit' and post a screen-shot of the entry for the WebDialog_OctaneDialog as I explained more fully in an earlier post in this thread.
Most people with Sketchup version 8 are having no problems at all with the tool working - BUT a few of you are and I'm still trying to get a fix - I need to find some common factors. Remember that you can always do a "save_as" on your v8-SKP and save it as v7-SKP [use drop-down list to change version], then close and reopen it in v7 and use the Octane Render Exporter in v7, which still seems to run perfectly for all users irrespective of setups - excepting special-character glitches [Sketch's Ruby's inability to process Unicode characters on Windows for 'File' processes is a know issue but we are still looking at fixes for it]...