I made a helper object for building scenes a little quicker for myself and thought somebody might find it useful, so I built it into a full script.
Latest (Sat Dec 01, 2018): brasco_Octane_Menu v1.1.00.zip
- Added support for Octane v4.00 (Materials and Lights).
- Reset Camera Response set to sRGB.
- Added ability to assign materials to Active Objects by holding CTRL.
- Cameras now set as active when added.
v1.0.01: Added CTRL+Click functionality on the Daylight element.
v1.0.00: Final release - Fixed some typos! ("Octane Octane Camera"??... )
v0.0.96: added "Convert Materials" to the menu under the materials block.
Some extra info:
- Bind the script to a shortcut and it'll popup wherever your cursor is.
- Hold CMD/CTRL when selecting a Light or Camera menu item for Targeted Cameras and Lights.
- Hold CMD/CTRL when adding a material and it will be assigned to any active Objects
Let me know if it's of any use and if you have any suggestions to improve it.