Octane exporter for C4D version 0.02

Forums: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.02
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.02

Postby Sc4rfy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:40 am

Sc4rfy Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:40 am
I've only a question abstrax, in the future updates the set selection is possible? :)
Win 10 64 Bit | i7 930 | 12 Gb Ram | GTX 760 |
Sc4rfy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby acc24ex » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 am

acc24ex Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 am
JackMcRip wrote:I am a very very new Octane user ;)
Maybe there is some thing I use at wrong way...

Here is the scene with 2 objects.
One is disabled by red mark.

Both are in the octane scene loaded.

I tested your stuff.. the hidden object thing works ok, if the both red dots are active it doesn't load it into octane.. check your config..

Anyhow, yes, the riptide plugin is exporting textures pretty nicely, so we got used to it, since there was no other way to export from c4d properly.
I contacted the riptide author asking him to take a look at the octane renderer and write something up if he will, you can all ask him to help up maybe he'll contribute

And I repeat, perfect work for a 0.2 version of a plugin.. keep up the good work (textures man, we need them real bad) tell us how to program a c4d plugin and we'll do it :)
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 am

abstrax Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 am
JackMcRip wrote:Nice to see your work at the C4D-Plugin :)

A good Material-Export is a very difficult thing.
LuxC4D (http://www.luxrender.net/)
Cindigo (http://www.indigorenderer.com/cinema4d/)
Maxwell (http://think.maxwellrender.com/cinema4d ... s-182.html)
VRay (http://vrayc4d.com/manuals/vrayforc4d-m ... -materials)
and other renderer have they own material editor in Cinema 4D.

I know. Guess who wrote LuxC4D ;)

FinalRender add a complete Shader Tree: http://www.cebasstation.com/index.php?p ... eature=989
And many Users in C4D-Community ask for a ShaderTree in the kernel C4D version.

I think the best is a universial stand alone material editor with preview for octane render.
Not in octane renderer program ! Fast and easy to use. Click in C4D-Plugin does Popup it.

Well Octane is already an interactive material editor. That's the reason why at the moment all exporter plugins follow this guideline: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1455

The C4D-Plugin (and other 3D-App-Plugins) only read the material and will preview (interpret the chanels: color, bump ect.) in Cinema 4D editor.
Maybe in next step you can make a remote controll the slider and fields of the stand alone material editor for each 3D-app.

But this is only for the material attributes.
How to export the textures ?

See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2180

Does octane render support many materials with alpha at one object ?

Octane doesn't support material mixing at the moment, but even if it did, OBJ/MTL doesn't support it. For these things we need a different approach without OBJ/MTL.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm

abstrax Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm
JackMcRip wrote:I am a very very new Octane user ;)
Maybe there is some thing I use at wrong way...

Here is the scene with 2 objects.
One is disabled by red mark.

Both are in the octane scene loaded.

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce it with version 0.03. Could you please retry with 0.03? If that doesn't work, could you please post the exported OBJ and MTL files in the 0.03 thread?

Thanks,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm

abstrax Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm
acc24ex wrote:Anyhow, yes, the riptide plugin is exporting textures pretty nicely, so we got used to it, since there was no other way to export from c4d properly.
I contacted the riptide author asking him to take a look at the octane renderer and write something up if he will, you can all ask him to help up maybe he'll contribute

And I repeat, perfect work for a 0.2 version of a plugin.. keep up the good work (textures man, we need them real bad) tell us how to program a c4d plugin and we'll do it :)

Well, have a look at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2180

Could you please compare the Riptide material export with the material export of the Octane exporter? I'm very interested in the differences.

Cheers,
Marcus
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

abstrax Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm
Sc4rfy wrote:I've only a question abstrax, in the future updates the set selection is possible? :)

I guess you mean the restriction of materials to polygon selections? They are ignored at the moment, but I plan to add them after I have finished animation export. Until then please split your objects.

Cheers,
Marcus
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D