This is another maintenance release of 2021.1, which fixes more bugs and issues.
You can find an overview of all new features and improvements of version 2021.1 here.
This version supports all current NVIDIA GPUs with compute model 3.5 or higher. Please make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 456.38 on Windows or 455.23 on Linux.
Changes since OctaneRender 2021.1.3:
- Added "Legacy blend mode" alpha operation and a "Force premultiply opacity" pin to the composite AOV layer node. These options allow you to reproduce the results seen in older scenes, before fixes were made in 2021.1.2.
- Reverted the cleanup of the resolution node. I.e. all resolutions we had in version 2020.2 and before are available again, plus the more modern resolutions we introduced in 2021.1.
- Small performance improvement for non-RTX ray-tracing.
- Improved startup times, especially on Linux.
- Map range output AOV node will now allow the output minimum value to be higher than the output maximum value.
- If an OctaneLive activation fails due to an interrupted Internet connection, we open a retry dialog and try again automatically after 20 seconds.
- Fixed authentication failures when more than 4 Octane processes try to authenticate on Linux. If a failure still occurs, we open a retry dialog and try again automatically after 4 seconds.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of materials that use a dirt texture as input of any of the channel manipulation textures (like Channel merger or Channel mapper).
- Fixed incorrect rendering of OSL textures that have an unconnected
- Fixed black pixels on materials that emit and which have an opacity of 0 or a general visibility of 0.
- Fixed incorrect values in volume Z-depth front AOV.
- Fixed render hang when you use the baking camera is a scene with displacement triangles.
- Fixed auto bump which may cause artefacts on vertex displacement materials that projections other than UV mapping.
- Fixed copy and pasting a geometric primitive, where the first change of the primitive type of the copied geometric primitive was ignored.
- Fixed crash when you load the "fun with vectron" example scene.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise Node for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise Node for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise Node for Linux
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Linux
Your OTOY team