We are happy to share a new release of Octane 2020.1.
Octane 2020.1.1 comes packed with a number of fixes and improvements so it is recommended for use in production.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 435.80 for Windows or 435.12 for Linux to enable support for RTX hardware acceleration. There are no OSX drivers that currently support RTX.
OctaneRender 2020.1.2 has superseded this build.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.1:
- Fixed the render viewport toolbar changing height after stopping render when not using render passes.
- Fixed issue causing incorrect evaluation of materials using anisotropy.
- Fixed layered material node incorrectly update the multi layer flag.
- Fixed material opacity not working for fully metallic materials.
- Fixed opacity of the bottom most layered material not affecting the entire material stack.
- Fixed issue causing portal transparency not working correctly.
- Fixed a few incorrect pin accesses for some materials when they should be using default values.
- Fixed application crash when enabling AI light on an empty render target.
- Fixed issue with denoised pass where the environment would be merged with the geometry.
- Fixed issue causing incorrect evaluation of overlapping mediums.
- Fixed application crash happening while compiling some scenes with very large numbers of intersecting instances.
- Fixed CUDA error happening in some scenarios when using peer-to-peer memory and RTX.
- Fixed CUDA error happening sometimes after AI scene updates when using peer-to-peer memory.
- Fixed CUDA error after some scene updates when using emission and RTX.
- Fixed issue causing wrong normals near geometry edges happening when using fast rounded edges on RTX meshes.
- Fixed issue with scenes containing volumes that would either not start rendering or fail after a few frames.
- Fixed issue causing the render passes export dialog to export just the beauty pass when the upsampler was enabled.
- Fixed issue not allowing to enable RTX unless the master would have RTX support.
- Fixed issue causing the main denoiser pass not to display the texture environment.
- Fixed issue causing the main denoiser pass not to include environment medium absorption data.
- Fixed issue causing the gizmo to not to update light primitive positions when connected to an object layer map.
- Fixed crash while trying to load geometry containing empty vertex data for some motion intervals.
- Fixed performance regression in Pascal devices compared to 2019.1.5.
- Fixed use of
_time()in OSL camera shaders.
- Fixed issue causing network slaves to hang with scenes using auto bumpmap.
- Fixed issue causing network slaves to produce different output for some info passes from that on the master.
- Fixed application crash while using the batch render script with some scenes.
- Fixed Windows installer not creating the start menu shortcut unless there would be some previous version already installed.
- Fixed plugin crash during scene export when a mesh node would be used as root.
- Fixed issue causing the device preferences panel to not to properly display the list of devices in plugins.
- Improved accurate rounded edges in regions where both convex and concave curvature exist.
- Reduced geometry memory usage up to 5% when using RTX.
- Texture cache is used now just for baked textures and compressed images.
- Enforce loading VDB files just up to the version currently supported (223).
- Using the
--benchmarkflag now honors also using
--no-guiso the benchmark can be run headless.
- Windows installer adds firewall rules for all profiles.
- On request by the plugin developers, built-in scripted graphs are now wrapped inside nodes. This should allow plugin developers to adopt built-in scripted graphs more easily and affects the following script graphs:
- Universal camera
- Volumetric spotlight
- Geometric primitive
- Vectron union
- Vectron subtract
- Geometry exporter
Lua API changes:
- Added new tables exposing information about various pin types
- Added optional argument
enterWrapperNodeto the following functions which keep their old behaviour by default (see above):
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Standalone for OSX
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Slave for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Slave for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Slave for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.1.1 Slave for MacOS
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1.1 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1.1 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1.1 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Studio 2020.1.1 Standalone for OSX
Your OTOY NZ team