This release contains more fixes for 2019.1.x. To find an overview of the features of 2019.1 please go here.
Also make sure that you have a NVIDIA driver of version 419.x or higher.
Changes since OctaneRender 2019.1.4:
- Improved rounded edges rendering (in accurate mode). The rounded edges node has now a new pin Samples which allows you to control the accuracy of the rounded edges. The higher its value the better it handles corner cases like sharp corners and edges but also takes longer to calculate.
- Fixed autobump which didn't work correctly for projection types other than mesh UV (see viewtopic.php?p=372548#p372548).
- Fixed missing updates in displacement mixer trees (see viewtopic.php?p=372294#p372294).
- Fixed incorrect access of pins during set up of displacement causing error message "Tried to access null node" (see viewtopic.php?p=372317#p372317).
- Fixed microfacet BRDFs for metallic/universal materials with high roughness (regression from 2018.1).
- Fixed the default behavior of universal material when the roughness pin is not connected.
- Fixed dirt node not working with composite materials (see viewtopic.php?p=372738#p372738).
- Fixed too bright rendering of glossy surfaces behind specular surfaces with the direct lighting kernel in diffuse GI mode.
- Fixed fake shadow being switched off when albedo is > 0 in universal material (see viewtopic.php?p=374532#p374532).
- Fixed mix material being ignored when it is connected to a layered material (see viewtopic.php?p=374501#p374501).
- Fixed slightly incorrect sampling of importance sampled environments.
- Fixed various memory leaks in Octane and libraries used by it.
- Fixed access violation when changing render geometry and peer-to-peer memory (NVlink) is being used.
- Fixed crash when expaning an universal camera out of a node pin.
- Fixed broken connection after an externally connected camera node gets replaced by an universal camera graph.
- Standalone: Fixed incorrect scaling on Apple retina displays.
- Standalone: Fixed application settings pane being cut off on the right depending on your system font size.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for MacOS
OctaneRender Enterprise Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise Slave for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise Slave for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise Slave for MacOS
OctaneRender Enterprise Slave for Linux
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for MacOS
OctaneRender Studio Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for MacOS
OctaneRender Demo Standalone for Linux
Your OTOY NZ team