We needed to release an additional maintenance update to fix a couple of significant issues. Along with that, we included some more fixes for Cryptomatte, network render, and Vectron.
A reminder: to use Octane 2018.1, you need to have a Studio or Enterprise subscription license. To use network render, you need to have an Enterprise license.
Important: we recommend that you upgrade your NVIDIA driver to version 419.17 or newer. There has been some critical fixes in this newer version.
For introductory material on Octane 2018, please see the 2018.1 release post.
Changes since 2018.1.1:
- Fixed orientation of normal maps for triangles which are mirrored in UV space
- Fixed crash when stopping render engine and then starting a material preview.
- Fixed a crash during activation on some machines with RAID setups.
- Fixed OSL camera not working over network render.
- Fixed SDF not working over network render.
- Allow Vectron nodes to inherit their bounds from their inputs, if the SIZE pin is not connected.
- Fixed incorrect size and distance scaling of volume SDF objects when used as an input to a vectron node.
- Fixed a crash when the same volume SDF is used in more than one Vectron input.
- Fixed Cryptomatte passes for distinct nodes.
- Fixed Cryptomatte passes that get broken when changing material and object layers.
- Fixed material and object layers for Vectron nodes.
- Fixed duplicated voxel counts in render statistics.
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Mac OS
OctaneRender Enterprise for Linux
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Demo for Mac OS
OctaneRender Demo for Linux