This is mostly a maintenance release of version 4, but we have also included back ported sheen and coating normal and bump maps.
We recommend that you update to driver version 419.17 or later.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
New GPU requirements
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 419.17 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
Changes since version 4.02.1:
- Added sheen and coating normal and bump maps.
- Fixed volume step length being locked to 4 when using absorption or scattering medium with alpha shadows disabled.
- Fixed caustic blur for clear coat layer of universal material.
- Fixed "visible on specular" emitter option when used with universal material.
- Fixed black material render on Octane BRDF when using 0 roughness.
- Allow greyscale images as opacity maps, as it was in V3.
- Fixed crash when opening import preferences of unsupported VDBs.
- Fixed material previews sometimes not working properly with universal materials.
- Fixed planes rendering black if there are more than one.
- Fixed "affects alpha" option of specular materials when "keep environment" is enabled. (fixed the refraction pass erroneously including the environment in that case)
- Lua API can now connect nodes and pins without evaluating. You can use this to connect many nodes and evaluating only once to avoid additional overhead (
- Fixed universal material (transmission only) with roughness 0 rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed excessive noise in universal material when used with a medium node.
- Fixed uniform gizmo scaling when viewing down the y-axis.
- Fixed crash when moving the gizmo when camera is viewing directly down any axis.
- Fixed unicode input on prompting username and password via console.
- Increased max number of alpha intersections, which fixes some scenes that have a lot of alpha maps.
- Fixed octane.node.getPinInfoIx().name which was returning the label instead of the pin name.
Downloads for users with a regular license
OctaneRender for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender for Linux
OctaneRender for Mac OS
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with Creator (Enterprise) subscription license
OctaneRender Creator for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Creator for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Creator for Mac OS
OctaneRender Creator for Linux
Demo version downloads
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
OctaneRender Demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Your OTOY Team