This is the first stable build of 3.08.
For all people who didn't follow the development builds: The changes between version 3.07 and 3.08 are fairly extensive, much larger than the change of the version number suggests. The biggest change is of course the introduction of OSL textures and cameras and this took a while to stabilize. OSL support itself is just the foundation enabling more advanced textures and materials. We are planning to add a better repository for interesting textures and materials as well as providing some of these ourselves. OSL also allows us to add more complex internal textures that only have an effect on render performance if they are actually used, because until now we had to carefully trade performance vs. complexity and convenience.
For this and all the other new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
Since we added support for Volta GPUs, we had to switch to CUDA toolkit 9.1, which requires an NVIDIA driver of version 387 or higher on Windows and Linux.
Due to issues with the current CUDA drivers for Mac we are using only CUDA toolkit 8.0 on OSX, which is why any CUDA driver for Mac should work that supports CUDA 8.0 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08 RC 4:
- Improved the smootheness of the gaussian filter of the displacement map node.
- Fixed a couple of sampling bugs in the glossy and metal materials (for example viewtopic.php?p=335699#p335699).
- Fixed emission pattern of mesh lights if no projection node is connected to the texture node connected to a distribution input (see viewtopic.php?p=336289#p336289).
- Fixed missing volume emission if no render passes were enabled.
- Fixed rendering of the volume mask in areas that are not part of the active render layer.
- Fixed black halo around objects with the "special" specular material with IOR 1, roughness 0, white transmission and a medium.
- Fixed far distance values of deep pixel volume intervals.
- Fixed splatting of volume deep pixel samples which were sometimes affecting the first surface bin of the next pixel.
- Fixed various bugs in the rotation gizmo tool when the object picker is enabled and a different mini-axis is selected.
- If the command line option
--no-guiis enabled, all logging will automatically go to
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the current Photoshop workflow plugin (1.0.5) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team