This is the stable release of version 3.06, which brings a lot of new features. You can find more information about the main new features in this thread.
Yesterday we accidentally released an incorrect build of 3.06, which we had to remove again. If you already downloaded that version (3060004), please delete it and download the version below (3060005) again, which fixes 2 more problems. If you've got further questions about this please contact me via PM.
The next step is the release of OctaneBench based on 3.06 in the next 1-2 weeks.
Changes since version 3.06 TEST 4:
- Overhauled the shortcut manager of the Standalone. You can assign now shortcuts to all available commands.
- "Expected exposure" of the adaptive sampling settings can now be set to 0, which disables the tweaking of the noise estimate, as described in the new features thread. This is also default now.
- Fixed random CUDA crashes in scenes with high densities of overlapping instances.
- Fixed the motion vector pass, which didn't do the viewport transformation correctly for perspective cameras. The values of the motion vector pass are now the motion vector in pixels and not the motion vector relative to the screen width. This allows you to use the output directly in Fusion, without having to guess the scale. You still have to set the vector blur scale to 2 for some reason, but with a scale factor of 2 you now always get (approximately) the same amount of motion in Fusion as you would get with rendered motion blur.
- Fixed DOF in the thin-lens camera with distortion.
- Fixed DOF in the cube map and cylindrical panoramic camera.
- Fixed orientation of camera rays with high distortion in places where they deviate more than 180° from the camera axis.
- Fixed auto-focus in stereo cameras (the left eye is always used for auto-focus picking).
- Fixed incorrect material assignment if the geometry ends up being 1 simple mesh, but the scene graph consists of multiple instances/meshes.
- Reverted default texture of the second input texture of the multiply texture to a float texture. This allows you to set a higher multiplication factor than 1.
[*[ Fixed the triplanar map texture node which turns black when you change its inputs and it is connected via a linker node.
- Fixed a couple of authentication issues.
- Fixed crashes in some corner cases when UI components are refreshed due to related node system changes.
- Fixed issue that the time slider disappears when you have a scene with a negative time interval start and switch to "Frames".
- Fixed missing render update, when the start and end time of the animation settings changed.
- Fixed incorrect behaviour which didn't allow users to re-enter their credentials if the SSO authentication expired.
- Changed defaults of the cosine mix texture to match the regular mix texture.
- Disallowed possibility to create node connection loops by grouping nodes.
- Added prefix "layer" to the render layer side-effects passes pins.
- Lua: The Lua scripting component is brought to the foreground after a Lua script finished.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
A new version of the Photoshop plugin (1.0.5) has been made available, containing the following changes:
- Added support for noise layer added in v3.06.
- Added support for Photoshop 2017.
You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform (the latest version still needs to be approved by Adobe, so it may take some time to show up) or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team