Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Forums: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:02 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Octane for Unreal Engine 0.22
*This build is the same as 0.21, except with important fixes

Fixes:
  • Imported ORBX files are now animated when rendering with sequencer
  • Fixed issue where Octane Render (Image) sequencer mode would skip over a frame and export a wrong result
  • Fixed issue where Octane Integrated (Image) sequencer mode would be slightly be out of sync with unreal
  • Fixed issue where Octane sequencer would sometimes export un-denoised results when denoised was turned on.

Octane for Unreal Engine 0.21
Changes:
  • Added Unreal Sequencer support
    Two versions have been added.
    An integrated version that adds the octane render results to the unreal postprocess pipeline (Similar to how viewport rendering works)
    And a octane render version that outputs the octane render results and can active render passes for compositing.
  • Upgraded to 2019.1.RC5
  • Added additional CineCamera Support (Apature, resolution, fov, fstop)
  • Added Time support for materials, allowing material animations. (Only active during sequencer)
  • Added Octane Plugin Settings. Currently it exposes material conversion settings.

Fixes:
  • Fixed progressively slower mesh component loading
  • Fixed crash that happened when using substance materials
  • Fixed rare light component crash
  • Fixed skeleton mesh component bug on reloading scene
  • LUT files are no longer empty when loaded from .cube
  • Transparent materials are no longer a little bit rough by default
  • Fixed issue with roughness conversion
  • Switching node type now correctly updates material node graph

Studio Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe
Enterprise Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe
Free Version Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe

Sequencer support is integrated into Unreal Editor and can be accessed in the same way the normal unreal sequencer is used.
Make sure you have an active rendertarget and octane is already rendering when you press capture.
RenderMovieSettings.png
Last edited by ChrisHekman on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby solomon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:29 pm

solomon Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:29 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:Octane for Unreal Engine 0.22
*This build is the same as 0.21, except with important fixes

Fixes:
  • Imported ORBX files are now animated when rendering with sequencer
  • Fixed issue where Octane Render (Image) sequencer mode would skip over a frame and export a wrong result
  • Fixed issue where Octane Integrated (Image) sequencer mode would be slightly be out of sync with unreal
  • Fixed issue where Octane sequencer would sometimes export un-denoised results when denoised was turned on.

Octane for Unreal Engine 0.21
Changes:
  • Added Unreal Sequencer support
    Two versions have been added.
    An integrated version that adds the octane render results to the unreal postprocess pipeline (Similar to how viewport rendering works)
    And a octane render version that outputs the octane render results and can active render passes for compositing.
  • Upgraded to 2019.1.RC5
  • Added additional CineCamera Support (Apature, resolution, fov, fstop)
  • Added Time support for materials, allowing material animations. (Only active during sequencer)
  • Added Octane Plugin Settings. Currently it exposes material conversion settings.

Fixes:
  • Fixed progressively slower mesh component loading
  • Fixed crash that happened when using substance materials
  • Fixed rare light component crash
  • Fixed skeleton mesh component bug on reloading scene
  • LUT files are no longer empty when loaded from .cube
  • Transparent materials are no longer a little bit rough by default
  • Fixed issue with roughness conversion
  • Switching node type now correctly updates material node graph

Studio Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe
Enterprise Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe
Free Version Installer: https://www.otoyserver.com/unrealengine ... UE4_22.exe


Thank you!! let me test this build
Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: USA

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby solomon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:48 am

solomon Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:48 am
I have tested this build, the sequence rendering is still not working correctly, the resulting render looks like a woobly single frame with tale tell signs of some frames, but it looks like its stuck on processing one frame. Is UE giving octane enough time to process the samples set for each frame? the rendering seems to zip past real quick and yet in the Octane preview it takes longer for a single frame to render.

Is it working on your end? kindly walk us through the steps to rendering a sequence using this build in UE4.22
Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: USA

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby solomon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:38 am

solomon Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:38 am
orbx works, but I think it needs some dialogue box or indicator to show the percentage of the export process. I almost shut down UE thinking it had crashed during the export. Also, can the orbx export include the camera and character animation, plus sequencer animation?
Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: USA

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am

ChrisHekman Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am
solomon wrote:I have tested this build, the sequence rendering is still not working correctly, the resulting render looks like a woobly single frame with tale tell signs of some frames, but it looks like its stuck on processing one frame. Is UE giving octane enough time to process the samples set for each frame? the rendering seems to zip past real quick and yet in the Octane preview it takes longer for a single frame to render.

Is it working on your end? kindly walk us through the steps to rendering a sequence using this build in UE4.22


- Turn on Octane for Unreal
- Open your scene that contains your sequencer animation
- Create or Select a Rendertarget and press Render
- Open the sequencer animation you want to render
- Press the following button:
PressButton.png



In the popup window make sure the following are set:
- Image Output Format is set to Octane Render (Image) or Octane Integrated (Image)
- Output Directory is set to where you want
- Filename Format contains {frame} in it. Otherwise it will override previous renders.
- Press "Capture Movie"
RenderMovieSettings.png




If this dosnt work, could you send over your scene and the steps you are taking?
I have every single sequencer project I could get my hands on for testing, and I created test scene that features everything that we want to support. But it might be that there is something that we missed.
Last edited by ChrisHekman on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby ChrisHekman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 am

ChrisHekman Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 am
solomon wrote:orbx works, but I think it needs some dialogue box or indicator to show the percentage of the export process. I almost shut down UE thinking it had crashed during the export. Also, can the orbx export include the camera and character animation, plus sequencer animation?


"Export ORBX Scene" does not export the animation.

We are working on an sequencer mode that allows for animation exporting to ORBX, but there were a few issues with it, so we decided to release it later then the other two types.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby solomon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 pm

solomon Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 pm
thank you!!
Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: USA

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby solomon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm

solomon Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm
I have finally rendered an animated sequence!! thank you so much for this update :)

here is my video

Solomon W. Jagwe
3D Artist/Animator/Modeler | Independent Film Director
http://www.sowl.com | http://www.galiwango.com | http://www.nkozaandnankya.com
solomon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: USA

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby Notiusweb » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 am

Notiusweb Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 am
Hi Chris, is this compatible with 4.23, THX!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan Xp, 1 Titan X Pascal
External: 6 Titan X Pascal - 1600W EVGA T2
Plugs: 3DSMax, C4D, Daz, Houdini, Lightwave, Sketchup
User avatar
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 am

Re: Octane 2019 For Unreal Engine - 0.22: Sequencer Update

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm

ChrisHekman Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm
Notiusweb wrote:Hi Chris, is this compatible with 4.23, THX!


I have released a new build with 4.23 installers.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm
Next

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 pm [ UTC ]