Octane Render for After Effect 3.08.1-R1 [Beta]

Forums: Octane Render for After Effect 3.08.1-R1 [Beta]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Octane Render for After Effect 3.08.1-R1 [Beta]

Postby BK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm

BK Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm
Hi all,

Here is our Octane Render Studio for After Effect 2017-3.08.1-R1 beta plugin.
The plugin is mostly dedicated to work with external 3d files(ORBX) then render using After Effect and currently available for our Subscription users only.

Installation
Just run the .exe installer and make sure to locate the AE installation directory path. e:g; ( C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017 ).

Simple usage
    1. Provide your Otoy SSO user id and password if the login dialog pops up.

2. Create an AE camera.

3. Create a Solid layer then apply Octane Render from Effect menu.

4. Enable floor or locate layers->Object-1 section. Click Enable checkbox if you are using Object-2. Find an ORBX file to load. Your ORBX file should contain a render target or geometry output node to work properly.
    The Octanerender effect will react to the AE camera to match AE content. Locate your camera to find your 3D scene.

Performance notes
For fast viewport updates, always work on very low max samples(ex. less than 16 samples) of kernels. Otherwise, the image update will take much time and delay happens.
Use "Fast Previews" for quicker updates.

Edit via Scene Editor
Locate "Editor" button in the effect and click it.
Manage current ORBX, lights, kernel, environment, etc.. in there. Add new ORBX files by dropping to Scene Editor from windows explorer. Most geometries can be selectable by render viewport or scene tree window.

Orbx files
The plugin can use ORBX files as absolute paths or relative to the project path. So you don't need to worry about copying your projects. Just keep your 3d files(orbx/obj/etc..) in path of aep file.

Creating ORBX files
You can use Standalone or any 3d host software with Octane plugins to export directly ORBX files. For example Cinema 4D with Octane plugin, you can use the Live Viewer window to export any single frame or animated scenes. There are several commands to do this.

1-Edit in Standalone when you have any scene on renderer. But you should set Standalone application from the Settings window.
2-Export Package(ORBX) for a single frame
3-Animated Package for animations

Compatibility for ORBX files
After Effects plugin requires some nodes in ORBX to define the connections. Orbx should contain a Rendertarget or Geometry Out node with connections to geometries. So plugin can understand the which geometries will be used.

Known Issue and limitation

- If you sign in with an account with no available subscriptions, the application may crash. In order to avert this crash, and sign in with an Octane Render Studio users, you need to delete the files in `%APPDATA%\OctaneRender\` (DO NOT DELETE any of the sub-folders)
    - Objects accept only .orbx files.
    - Under and Octane Render Effect, only object-1 and object-2 are supported in the Node Graph Edit.
    - The OctaneRender AE2017-3.08.1 - R1 version has some 3.08.1 features not yet implemented in the plugin.
    - Octane Motion blur is feature is unavailable as there are no ways for After Effect to send animation data to the engine. As a workaround user must use the After Effect Motion blur.

You can download via the customer downloads area here:
https://render.otoy.com/account/downloa ... LL&ver=ALL

Octane for After Effect documentation link here :

[ https://docs.otoy.com/AfterEffectsH/AfterEffects.htm ]

If you encounter any issues using the plugin, please contact us at [email protected]
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Octane Render for After Effect 3.08.1-R1 [Beta]

Postby merid888 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:29 am

merid888 Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:29 am
Good evening, when you think it will out the version to AE 2023 ? or just was to 2017 the last version ?

Thank you if you can response me.
W11 x64 Bits Workstation, 32 Gb 3200 Mghz DDR4 Corsair, Asus X570 Plus Wifi, Ryzen 9 5950x 3.4 Ghz, M2 WD Black-SN850x 1 Tb, Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM, 1 RTX A4000 16 GB, 1 Power Supply Corsair RM850x.
merid888
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pegot » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:04 pm

pegot Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:04 pm
This is a DEAD plugin. Otoy no longer developing it. I guess they gave up on it. I don’t know why they even have this download page still up.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:50 pm

BK Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:50 pm
merid888 wrote:Good evening, when you think it will out the version to AE 2023 ? or just was to 2017 the last version ?

Thank you if you can response me.

hi merid888,

Thank you for the post.
Unfortunately, OctaneRender for AE will only work with older Octane and older versions of AE 2017.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:03 am

BK Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:03 am
pegot wrote:This is a DEAD plugin. Otoy no longer developing it. I guess they gave up on it. I don’t know why they even have this download page still up.

Hey Peter,

Yeah, we stopped the development due to limitations with AE and since it's a compositing app.
Would it be useful if a workflow like live-link the AOVs from Octane to AE?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby pegot » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:06 pm

pegot Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:06 pm
Not 100% sure what live linking AOV’s from Octane would entail unless that somehow provided a kind of temporary bridge to help composite final renders into After Effects? Usually a lot of pre-planning needs to be done when figuring out how an animation is going to be integrated into one’s motion project (text, graphics, timing, other animated elements). So my process involves a few still test renders to judge position of elements and such before starting a final Octane render. The value of a (near) realtime engine directly within After Effects is precisely to assist in compositing with other elements of a project. Anyway, Adobe is now developing their own realtime 3D engine into After Effects and even in the Beta version already works remarkably well. It even directly imports gLTF 2.0 files with PBR material - which is something Octane still can’t do :cry:

So short answer? No I don’t think that would be a useful endeavor for your team to pursue.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 pm

BK Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 pm
pegot wrote:Not 100% sure what live linking AOV’s from Octane would entail unless that somehow provided a kind of temporary bridge to help composite final renders into After Effects? Usually a lot of pre-planning needs to be done when figuring out how an animation is going to be integrated into one’s motion project (text, graphics, timing, other animated elements). So my process involves a few still test renders to judge position of elements and such before starting a final Octane render. The value of a (near) realtime engine directly within After Effects is precisely to assist in compositing with other elements of a project. Anyway, Adobe is now developing their own realtime 3D engine into After Effects and even in the Beta version already works remarkably well. It even directly imports gLTF 2.0 files with PBR material - which is something Octane still can’t do :cry:

So short answer? No I don’t think that would be a useful endeavor for your team to pursue.

Hi Peter,

Yes, live link AOVs is something like a bridge... send/receive rendered AOVs in AE. It was definitely a huge challenge to implement a render engine inside a compositing app.
Well, glad to hear Adobe is implementing its own engine. We will give it a go and see how it goes!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Releases