This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Don't use it for production.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- New Release Candidate 3.08 engine support implemented. See 3.08 Release Post for more details on the new supported features.
- Supported multiple uv as how 3DSMax/Maya plugin does
- No upload for objects that are invisible
- No upload for shaders that are invisible
- Display full value precision (up to 6 digits)
- Refactor blender render pass system.
- Add new passes (diffuse filter, reflection filter, layer shadow, layer black shadow, layer colour shadow, layer reflection, normal geometric, normal smooth, normal shading, normal tangent)
- Support stereoscopic camera in preview mode
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fix disordered preview results
- Support alpha channel in RenderLayer Node for octane render result
- Rename "normal vertex" to "normal smooth"
- Fix multiple other bugs in old render system
- Use two camera image setting for render mode and preview mode; make it more understandable
- Fix black screen issue in stereo camera
- Fix bugs when choosing multiple textures with same name
- Fix render failure with rename material
- Fix texture reload issue in image texture node
- Fix wrong effect for “response type” in camera image
- Fix anti-virus false positive for window server
- Fix missing ocean modifier in Linux build
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.08 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 15.0 (2.79)
Octane Server - 15.0
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.