OctaneRender™ for Blender plugin. Windows x64 version.
The bundle consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
To stop the server - just click its icon in the tray.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender. Before the very first rendering you should fill in the server address.
You should use only OctaneRender materials inside Blender scenes - the plugin knows nothing about Blender specific materials and textures (about any Blender nodes, generally speaking).
FIXES AND NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Implemented support of Octane version 3.X. Blender 2.77a so far has a rudimental OpenVDB support (only as a smoke cache type), but Octane already uses this cache and can render Blender smoke. More full OpenVDB support is expected in next versions of Blender, Octane will catch up after that.
- Switched to Blender 2.77a.
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.0 here:
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v10.1 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v10.1 OSX ZIP
DEMO is available..
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition DEMO - v10.1 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition DEMO - v10.1 OSX ZIP
If you need to see the changelog of current rendering core, or download standalone installer to get network slave and daemon please find it here:
Please, if you decided to report a bug:
- Don't post here the reports about how Octane engine works - use the Octane Standalone forum sections for that.
- Give a meaningful description about what you think is wrong and how to reproduce it (in addition to screenshots if any). I can't solve the "one screenshot" rebuses without any meaningful description...
- If you use Google-translator to post here - check please what you got before posting it, and edit it before posting. Ask your friends to check it if you don't speak English.
- If you like to discuss something about the plugin - create a separate thread, don't flood in these testing threads please.
Any meaningless or rebus-like "reports" here will be deleted, just to keep the testing threads clean - because these threads are directly used as the source for fixing and improving the plugin.