The bundle consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
The first part (server) should be run on the same computer as the second one. To stop the server - just right-click its icon in the tray.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender. Before the very first rendering you should fill in the server address (only 127.0.0.1 at the time), login and password (your license key info) to activate the server. After the first rendering the server will remember this activation info, and you will not need to enter it again.
You should use only OctaneRender materials inside Blender scenes - the plugin knows nothing about Blender specific materials and textures (about any Blender nodes, generally speaking).
FIXES AND NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Added enable/disable checkbox to imager (for the case you don't want to use Blender's standard instruments on the top of untonemapped render result). Makes sense for final render only. The live-preview render is always tonemapped, 'cause Octane core has no "untonemapped" mode for non-HDR renders.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 9.11 (2.76)
Octane Server - 2.25 - 9.11
DEMO is available. Use the same Octane edition of Blender for DEMO version of OctaneServer.
Octane Server DEMO - 2.25 - 9.11
For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here:
Please, if you decided to report a bug:
- Don't post here the reports about how Octane engine works - use the Octane Standalone forum sections for that.
- Give a meaningful description about what you think is wrong and how to reproduce it (in addition to screenshots if any). I can't solve the "one screenshot" rebuses without any meaningful description...
- If you use Google-translator to post here - check please what you got before posting it, and edit it before posting. Ask your friends to check it if you don't speak English.
- If you like to discuss something about the plugin - create a separate thread, don't flood in these testing threads please.
Any meaningless or rebus-like "reports" here will be deleted, just to keep the testing threads clean - because these threads are directly used as the source for fixing and improving the plugin.