Page 1 of 1
Output AOV
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:41 pm
by remKa
Hello,
I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.
I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?
Thank you in advance
Re: Output AOV
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:47 pm
by BK
remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:41 pm
Hello,
I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.
I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?
Thank you in advance
Hi remKa,
Thank you for the post.
OctaneRender for Houdini EXR outputs uses HDR tonemapping requiring us to use compositing applications like AE or Nuke.
In AE/Nuke, we need Cryptomatte Effect/plugin to see the AOVs or please try render in PNG formats if that works.
Let us know how it goes!!
cheers
Re: Output AOV
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:13 pm
by remKa
Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
Re: Output AOV
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:20 pm
by BK
remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:13 pm
Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
Oh hey remKa, thanks for the quick reply..
We can render the AOVs as different files names too.. Please uncheck the `Save layered EXR`
If its PNGs then we save out as separate AOVs.
Let us know if that works!
cheers