We found and fixed a small number of issues since 4.02.
Please be aware that the 418.81 driver does not work with Octane, and we recommend that you update to 419.17 which fixes the issue.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
New GPU requirements
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
We highly recommend to update your driver to version 419.x or higher. Some earlier drivers have an issue where the CUDA API function calls fail with error 2 (out of memory) (on Windows 7/8) even though these API calls don't allocate any memory. (See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69639 for more details.)
Combined with the issues mentioned above, we currently recommend the latest driver of version 419.x for Octane.
Changes since version 4.02:
- Fixed emission when used with mix materials.
- Fixed volume step length being incorrect when alpha shadows is disabled.
- Fixed potential issue when rendering more than 256 volume instances.
- Fixed "Automatic" pixel format setting which would still load 32 bit float EXR images and HDR images as 16 bit.
- Fixed missing window titles in Lua dialogs if native window titles are disabled in the application preferences.
- Fixed re-processing of geometry when the camera is deleted.
- Fixed transform node changes getting ignored when there is a linker between it and the geometry node.
- Fixed network rendering with deep images
Downloads for users with a regular license
OctaneRender for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender for Linux
OctaneRender for Mac OS
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with Creator (Enterprise) subscription license
OctaneRender Creator for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Creator for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Creator for Mac OS
OctaneRender Creator for Linux
Demo version downloads
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
OctaneRender Demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Your OTOY Team