Texture limit? Extra lights?

Forums: Texture limit? Extra lights?
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Texture limit? Extra lights?

Postby womball » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:40 am

womball Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:40 am
I just got the demo of octane, and am impressed by how fast it is. Although I am running into a nasty bug if I try to load more than 2 textures. The bug shuts you out of the program and you lose all progress you made on the scene. Also whenever you upload another texture, it does not remember what folder the previous material was uploaded from. Image

I'd like to be able to use a material that allows the use of color and alpha map, gloss map, color spec, and normal map. I'd like to take game characters into this and render out fancy renders just for fun.

Also is there a way of adding additional lights for effects like 3 point lighting and backlighting?
womball

Re: Texture limit? Extra lights?

Postby radiance » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 am

radiance Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 am
Hey,

Sorry but our demo version (2.2) is about 6 months old and suffers from a few bugs such as this one, and lacks many features the commercial version currently has.
We will put up an updated demo of our current branch in a few weeks.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby womball » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 am

womball Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 am
Looking forward to it. So the update and the full version also have additional lights? And a skin material?
womball

Postby radiance » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 am

radiance Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 am
Yeah, our current commercial releases have area lights, which allows you to make all kinds of shaped lights, aswell as full alpha maps and all relevant material channels you mention.
Don't know what you mean with 'skin material', you should just be able to make something good looking with the included types, although no SSS yet. (however you can use diffuse transmission for some materials to give a pseudo volumetric effect)

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Return to Resources and Sharing