Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Forums: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release
DAZ Studio (Export Script Plugin developed by Tugpsx; Integrated Plugin maintained by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm
pegot wrote:What does the parameter for samples control (default is set to 256)?


Samples only affects the volumetric visualization in OpenGL.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby chikegar » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:36 pm

chikegar Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:36 pm
This reminds me so much of Chronosculpt that came out six years ago from the makers of Lightwave. :) I know you're very familiar with it Lino Grande. ;) Unfortunately, the programmer who wrote the program is no longer with the Lightwave team, so Chronosculpt has not been updated in years.

https://youtu.be/oJdnmL3u8fE

Cheers,

Gary Chike
chikegar
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am

linograndiotoy Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am
chikegar wrote:This reminds me so much of Chronosculpt that came out six years ago from the makers of Lightwave. :) I know you're very familiar with it Lino Grande. ;) Unfortunately, the programmer who wrote the program is no longer with the Lightwave team, so Chronosculpt has not been updated in years.

https://youtu.be/oJdnmL3u8fE

Cheers,

Gary Chike


Yes, I'm more than familiar with ChronoSculpt Gary! David Ikeda developed the software (with the help of other coders), and it was used in several important productions (the most recent being Love Death + Robots on Netflix).
Sculptron today already offers well more than ChronoSculpt can do and its evolution will show we're dealing with something very different, more powerful and covering a wider range of production situations.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby amandas » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 am

amandas Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 am
This looks fabulous!

Unfortunately, I seem to have UI issues. I do not see the top bar, and only 3 windows are present (Animation Editor, Items, Tools). is this because:

a) you limited the alpha version functionality?
b) you are using ImGUI docking branch, which is still experimental (I am developing a 3D app myself, and immediately recognized the UI)?

Best regards
amandas
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 am

linograndiotoy Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 am
amandas wrote:This looks fabulous!

Unfortunately, I seem to have UI issues. I do not see the top bar, and only 3 windows are present (Animation Editor, Items, Tools). is this because:

a) you limited the alpha version functionality?
b) you are using ImGUI docking branch, which is still experimental (I am developing a 3D app myself, and immediately recognized the UI)?

Best regards


Hi!

The alpha version of Sculptron is not limited in any way.

Yes, that's what we're using. It's experimental but quite stable and usable. The missing windows can be opened from the menu bar (which you can't see for some reason). Can you please show me a screenshot of what you see when you open Sculptron?

Thanks!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby amandas » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:47 pm

amandas Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:47 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
amandas wrote:This looks fabulous!

Unfortunately, I seem to have UI issues. I do not see the top bar, and only 3 windows are present (Animation Editor, Items, Tools). is this because:

a) you limited the alpha version functionality?
b) you are using ImGUI docking branch, which is still experimental (I am developing a 3D app myself, and immediately recognized the UI)?

Best regards


Hi!

The alpha version of Sculptron is not limited in any way.

Yes, that's what we're using. It's experimental but quite stable and usable. The missing windows can be opened from the menu bar (which you can't see for some reason). Can you please show me a screenshot of what you see when you open Sculptron?

Thanks!


Hi,

screen attached.
Image

This is the default view (deleted imgui.ini). Also, I will help you with debbuging this: when I changed taskbar settings to Auto Hide in Desktop Mode, suddenly the main menu bar appeared. I am guessing here this might be aspect ratio related. When I quit app and restart, the main menu bar is missing again (it reappears when I change taskabar settings).

Best!
amandas
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:16 pm

linograndiotoy Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:16 pm
A sneek peak of the next Sculptron Build:

Image
Attachments
Sculptron_UI.JPG
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Notiusweb Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 pm
Can someone explain what this program does-
I look at the thread and I get lost in the words going back and forth, so I just look at the pictures.
Sometimes I see a bust of a robot, and then other times a volume mesh....
What is the program doing!?.... :oops:
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
User avatar
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 am

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:51 pm

linograndiotoy Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:51 pm
Notiusweb wrote:Can someone explain what this program does-
I look at the thread and I get lost in the words going back and forth, so I just look at the pictures.
Sometimes I see a bust of a robot, and then other times a volume mesh....
What is the program doing!?.... :oops:


The very first post of this thread should help. Did you see the videos?

https://youtu.be/aEcKpEvTVcc

If you have any specific question, I'll be happy to answer.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby Notiusweb » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:27 am

Notiusweb Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:27 am
linograndiotoy wrote:
If you have any specific question, I'll be happy to answer.


Can you import an Alembic animation?
(in place of a series of OBJs on the frame timeline)

Would want to convert the imported alembic animation to a volume ABC, and then exporting that to Octane!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
User avatar
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 am
PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:14 pm [ UTC ]